The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Will O Wisp / Swamp Gas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Anyone know if there is a safe way to harness this phenomena for incorporation into a magic effect?

Im sure it would probably have to be done at a distance (from the specs) and outdoors, but I can live with those limitations ...
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Swamp gas is methane, I doubt you could safely recreate a 'willow the wisp' fire ball. If you could it would look fantastic though.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I used to manage a propane company in WA. and OR. I believe with some thought one could set a modified Gas Burner with a milivolt control to a remote control (they have them for fireplaces) and have a reasonably safe flame. If set up correctly the flame would be 6"-12" from the burner and seem to just be floating there alone. Depending on the flame you want the noise level will also increase. Definately outdoors. And nothing overhead,
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Will O Wisp / Swamp Gas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL