The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Best Assortment Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Where would I be able to order the best assortment deck? I am looking for one that comes not only with the standard blank face, doubles, blank backers, etc..., but one which also has extra cards like gimmicks such as the 13 of spades, and the 52 on one, and so on. If anyone knows of where I could find such a deck please let me know. Or, a distributer which sells a deck of all gimmmicked cards and another deck which is the standard assortment deck would be perfect as well. Thank you!
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
PenguinMagic.com
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I second that. It will have a lot of gaffs for you.
W.F. Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of W.F. Lewis
I ordered to assorted decks from penguin. One was the standard assorted deck and the other was one you could tell the staff at penguin had put together. The box was open, and that was the pack that had the odd cards like 13 of spades 14 of diamonds, tree of hearts, etc.

Kinda funny, right after I ordered them they were listed as Out of Stock.....
I guess they threw one together for me....

So, you may have to request that special deck...

Willie
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
click here

$35 dollars. Is it bicycle backed and is from Haines House of Cards. It has tons of gafts. It is called "The New 21st Century Fako Cards".
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
I dun know if "The New 21st Century Fako Cards" is the same set of FAKO deck I bought some time ago...

if it is the same, then it has a LOT of gaffs that is not found elsewhere....
a bit expensive, but you get gaffs that are very very unique....
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Thanks for all the info. I was thinking that penguin was the way to go as I get great service and products from them always. That 21st century thing looks interesting as well. What kind of gimmicks would it come with?
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
I just received a 21st century fako set for Christmas, and they have all the cards you mentioned, and many more. It says "36" tricks on the accompanying booklet, but I think there are hundreds of tricks possible. If you are feeling inventive, just flipping through the deck is a great thing. One thing you should know, though, I did not see any normal double face cards in the fako deck, while the penguin assortment has a few. The fako gaffs are more interesting and bizzare.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Fako decks rules.

If you want such a deck with like 14 of diamonds, 3/5 of clubs, tree of hearts and weird cards like that, look for a fako deck.

Those got tons of different cards, not only like the usual double faser and backer and blanks but actually, if you buy a fako, you have the 3 card monte (I think the gaffs are in there, at least in a deck I have.)

Also lots of other stuff.

My fako though is in Jumbo cards and not bicycle stock.

I want a fako in bicycle stock poker size.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Sounds good. Does the Fako deck have the necessary gaffs for the McDonald's Aces (double facers with aces on one side)
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
Might wanna have a look at the CAJ Deck too, that has some crazy stuff in it, including ultimate 3 card monte, (nearly) temptation, twisted sisters etc. sets + lots of other interesting gaffs on bike stock.
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 06:40, Mustang wrote:
Might wanna have a look at the CAJ Deck too, that has some crazy stuff in it, including ultimate 3 card monte, (nearly) temptation, twisted sisters etc. sets + lots of other interesting gaffs on bike stock.

Where can I have a look at this?

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
jester99
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
17 Posts

Profile of jester99
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 04:19, zur wrote:
Sounds good. Does the Fako deck have the necessary gaffs for the McDonald's Aces (double facers with aces on one side)

Zur, yes it does. See the full description at:

http://www.grandillusions.com/index2.html

It shows the included cards, and some screenshots.
magicsavant
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
157 Posts

Profile of magicsavant
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 01:37, Iceman90 wrote:
PenguinMagic.com

Nooooo, FIGHT THE POWER....ahem, got that out of my system
Mustang
View Profile
Veteran user
London, England
316 Posts

Profile of Mustang
"A magician is one who appreciates the difference between knowing how a trick is done, and knowing how to do a trick."
Tysmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
171 Posts

Profile of Tysmagic
I would recommend the fako deck. The book is awesome and it comes with all the cards you listed and more. The double back aces, thirteen of spades, and many more! Well worth the price.
TAOBMAETS 666 or 999 Steamboat
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Thanks for all the response. I am definitely going to go pick one of those fako decks up now. And in response to the penguin thing...I absolutley agree. However, my "local" magic shop is about and hour away and although I have a relationship with the people who run it and enjoy being there, the prices are just too much for me. For example, the quaret gimmick was 35 dollars has opposed to the 20 price on the internet. But, I still enjoying visiting Jack Maxwell (the shop owner) and shop once and a while Smile.
juggle
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of juggle
I thing I always wondered about: It is very cheap to buy a standard assorted bicycle deck with a couple of double backers, double facers, blank backs, blank fronts, and so on. Is there a single video or book available that contains a bunch of tricks one can do with these cards? Or does that basically not exist because it would make it harder to sell these millions of overpriced packet tricks?
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
A simple naive question:

If I order the fako deck, will there any books or guidelines come along?

thanks,
Hirase
In love with magic!
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
So...Fako vs CAJ? What do you guys think? I have decided that I'm going to get a special assortment and a fako/caj deck but I cant afford all three so I need to narrow it down to two. Help please! lol. Thank you all... And btw...i know that from ELMS (elmagicshop.com) they have a booklet along with the CAJ deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » The Best Assortment Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL