The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New banner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

This year I was lucky enough to win an original Toni-Lee Sangastiano in the Sideshow Central raffle to benefit The Sideshow Gathering. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I have finally found the time to post a picture of it on the net.

I have already thanked Toni-Lee privately, but wanted to thank her publicly for this amazing piece of work. I am really excited about displaying it at my gigs in 2005.

The banner can be seen at: http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk/forum/finaldavidweb.jpg

Thanks again Toni-Lee Smile

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Nice banner David,,,,better looking than the real thing !!!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Congrats, David, on acquiring a very fine piece from Toni-Lee.

Yours,

Paul
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Congratulations David.
MrEscape
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MrEscape
Congratulations indeed!

Sir Harry J. Baron III
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Great Banner David, Thanks for posting it. I know you will cherish it for many years!
Best regards, Tony Parisi

Hey Sir Harry, welcome to the Café. When you posted the other day I thought at first that you were my old friend Steve Baker who has been going by the name "Mr. Escape" since 1967. When Steve called me last night saying that he was not very happy that someone else was using his name I assured him that is was most likely a coincidence or just some fan of his making a small tribute. I mean after all we have someone here posting as "Bigelow" when it's not Norm Bigelow. Norm himself posts under "Reno" as a tribute to his teacher.."Pop Reno". Steve didn't really buy it and believes that you were one of our old friends who have left the board only to return under new secret identity, but I think that this suspicion is based on the unusual and unjustified amount of Baker Bashing that, up until very recently has been going on.
It is a free country and if you want to call yourself "Bruce Lee" then by all means, go for it. I would steer clear of martial arts tournaments though, unless you are really like Bruce Lee. So once again, welcome aboard and thank you for posting with your "actual" name, so as to clear up any confusion with one of the pioneers of this art.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Looks really good David.Now you need nine more,a tent,bally stage,banner poles,etc.etc.etc.
Rome wasn't built in a day...
While I'm at it...THE BEST TO YOU ON YOUR BIG RECORDING BREAKING EVENT.
Just to remind everybody here that date is Jan.8th. Getting close!!!!
Have a good one David,
Don
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How much longer to the Big Day David ?
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2004-12-28 21:11, The Donster wrote:
How much longer to the Big Day David ?

I just posted a new thread about that. Only a few days to go now. Cripes... :o

Don, I think it will be a while before I get the other 9 banners... bally stage etc... Plus I need to get your airfair together so you can come over and do the bally. Are you ok flying coach?

Ken, At least the pigeons in that Café liked the look of me Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David I'm ok Flying coach as long as they don't lose me. Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2004-12-29 10:21, The Donster wrote:
David I'm ok Flying coach as long as they don't lose me. Smile

I think you know full well I was talking to the other Don. Just for that your swimming over now Smile

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes I did. I guess I'm the younger one Smile
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Bally up tips,living on fish and chips,coach???
Can I pitch Svengali's inbetween shows?
What about my dog Sven.Can't leave him behind.How about if I sit in the kennel with him in the baggage compartment,this way I can smoke on the way over.
Do they serve drinks down there?
One more question...where do you get a phoney green card?
The BEST to you David,
Don
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Don I think some of that can be arranged but can you fit in the kennel. you might need to do a imitation of a dog but a dog doing card tricks. smoking/drinkg maybe this is a Worlds First to Check with Guinness. Smile
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Donster,
So you are saying,instead of me working the bally,maybe I should work the blowoff!
Hehehehe!!!!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'm saying work whatever you want. if you want to travel in the kennel.luggage compartment does that mean I can have your ticket to ride in coach Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New banner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL