The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Daniel Summer's Instant Babe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The performers are The Majestix.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
If memory serves correctly....Mike won " Magician of the Year" with his instant babe presentation at the 2000 Magic awards.

Nathan
AAAFallonMAGIC
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of AAAFallonMAGIC
Greetings All -

Has anyone thought of using this illusion an effective vanish? The innocense of the prop would, literally, shoot no direct lines to the method. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!

Matthew Fallon
FallonMAGIC
"Mastering the Mystery"TM
"HYPNO-tainment!"TM
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
It's quite dirty at the start but the audience doesn't know what to expect so aren't looking at it with any critical eye. Once the girl has appeared, everything is clean and this is when the audience start looking for explanations (and there's nothing to find). Thus it really wouldn't work as a vanish as you're left "dirty."

There's plenty of bases out there that would be much more suitable to creating that kind of open vanish (including our Dream-Base /end-plug/) as they are designed for a vanish.
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I was going to post a simular reply as to NOT using it for a vanish but I wouldn't use the term " quite dirty" to describe the starting point of the appearance. In fact I'd say the prop looks *** good at the start and then IMPOSSIBLE at the finish. I've seen this prop close up and its very deceptive fully loaded.

I wouldn't use it as a vanish because any base could do that. The thing that makes Instant Babe so great is the INSTANT flash appearance of the girl. Don't waste this prop on a vanish.

Best,

Tim
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Would you say it looks dirty in this video?
magicross
View Profile
New user
Staffordshire England
76 Posts

Profile of magicross
I don't thinks its to bad in that video but I've seen pictures of it on Hans kloks website and thought it was very dirty.
I don't think this illusion would work for everyone, but with a bit of thought into the presentation I think its quite an effective production illusion.
Lighting would be quite important for this one
Ross
Stafforshire UK

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=521027722
(feel free to add me)
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Quote:
On 2005-07-26 15:22, Dream-Concepts wrote:
It's quite dirty at the start but the audiance don't know what to expect so arn't looking at it with any critical eye. Once the girl has appeared everything is clean and this is when the audiance start looking for explanations (and there's nothing to find). Thus it really wouldn't work as a vanish as you're left "dirty".

There's plenty of base's out there that would be much more suitable to creating that kind of open vanish (including our Dream-Base /end-plug/) as they are designed for a vanish.


I couldn't find the dream base on your website. Do you have a link to it?
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.



www.anthonysisti.com
diamond
View Profile
Regular user
Serbia & Montenegro
200 Posts

Profile of diamond
I could't find photos of Instant Babe at Hans Klok's website... Could you please post the link to it (or send me the photos if you have saved them)? Also, it would be nice if anyone can send me links to some more photos and videos of this illusion on the web... I'm seriously considdering purchasing one and I'd really love to explore it a little bit more. Can anyone tell me how much it weighs?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Ryan Joyce does a pretty mean Instant Babe. He's doing it in this summers tour. I caught some of it in his rehearsals. This one takes some practice but is mighty sweet when done right!

Best,

Tim
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
*** straight! Ryan did very well when I saw him do this in fergus... I know joan ceaser was there and sao was peter marrucie(SP) was ne one else there?

and even by looking and knowing what was gonna happen it was VERY hard to figure out
Aloy
View Profile
New user
Singapore
36 Posts

Profile of Aloy
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 14:08, Timothy Drake wrote:
That's what separates this effect from other bases. Forget the fact that the base looks way too thin. The fact that the cloth is held up and above the base and then whisked away to reveal the babe " instantly " is what produces the startling effect.

This is another reason I say DON'T perform it in front of a dark backdrop. You can even light the prop from behind to emphasize the fact that there is an empty space between the cloth and the table.

Best,

Tim


Erm...the part where the cloth is lifted above the table before being whisked away to reveal the assistant....
Is it a subtlety that the performer employed (i.e. the assistant is already out), or is that the real speed that you come out of the base?
Coz at that speed, I'm not sure if I'm even able to stand up from a squating position, much less out of a base Smile
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Quote:
On 2006-07-05 14:21, Morphine wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 14:08, Timothy Drake wrote:
That's what separates this effect from other bases. Forget the fact that the base looks way too thin. The fact that the cloth is held up and above the base and then whisked away to reveal the babe " instantly " is what produces the startling effect.

This is another reason I say DON'T perform it in front of a dark backdrop. You can even light the prop from behind to emphasize the fact that there is an empty space between the cloth and the table.

Best,

Tim


Erm...the part where the cloth is lifted above the table before being whisked away to reveal the assistant....
Is it a subtlety that the performer employed (i.e. the assistant is already out), or is that the real speed that you come out of the base?
Coz at that speed, I'm not sure if I'm even able to stand up from a squating position, much less out of a base Smile



You can do that very easly. The performer lifts on foot, the assistant another, and it gives the idea that there are only the legs of the magician...
Aloy
View Profile
New user
Singapore
36 Posts

Profile of Aloy
Quote:
On 2006-07-05 20:48, ruijorge wrote:

You can do that very easly. The performer lifts on foot, the assistant another, and it gives the idea that there are only the legs of the magician...


Actually, there's a better way than that.

But my point is, isn't that what it is (i.e. a subtety technique)?
Rather than she only leave the base after the cloth is lifted off it.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
You can do that very easly. The performer lifts on foot, the assistant another, and it gives the idea that there are only the legs of the magician...

This is a VERY clever idea but incorrect regards Instant Babe. Here are some photos from a video of Ryan Joyce performing it. You'll clearly see that his assistant's red pants would not pass as his leg. The secret is acomplished with mechanical means. Please note that you can clearly see under the cloth as the cloth is lifted yet the girl appears instantly ( hence the name INSTANT BABE ) .

I'll get permission and post Ryans performance video in a day or so as well.

Best,

Tim

Click here to view attached image.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Whoops here is the first image. I was only able to attach one at a time.

Best,

Tim

Click here to view attached image.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
That second (chronologically the first) picture shows just why this is such a great illusion. I wish I had a reason to buy one.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
hendejm
View Profile
New user
NY,NY
18 Posts

Profile of hendejm
Ryan ROCKS!!!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Ok here is the video. Sorry for the delay but I knew the link was previously private and wanted to get Ryans permission before I made it public. It'll be on his site soon anyway so here goes.

http://www.ryanjoyce.com/RJ_IB_2006.wmv

Enjoy,

Tim
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks for the link tim! I loved it when he did it at his fergus show..

I better be off to my show soon! Bye!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Daniel Summer's Instant Babe (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL