The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Berlin bears (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Does anyone have a review on the Berlin Bears by Ted Lesley?
I am considering this effect.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I don't know which would be better, but this also appears in Larry Becker's book "Stunners"
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The marketed version by Ted Lesley is the same one that appears in Stunners. It was a contribution Ted made to the the book.

An excellent routine. If you can afford the marketed version, save yourself the time of building it. If not, may I suggest Oriental Trading Co, for a good deal on the colored bears for giveaways.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
The routine is brilliant, and is - if I am not quite wrong, the one that lead to Lesley's PEA Dunninger award.
A bit pricey if you want to buy the marketed version, but you'll still get your money's worth.

If you are a little handy and have the time for it, it wouldn't be too difficult to construct it yourself.

Regardless of whether you buy or construct it, you'll still would want to contact Oriental Trading Co.
Even though the marketed version comes with a supply of bears, it is limited how many, and sooner or later you will need new supplies
I would have a guess on that it is less expensive to get the bears from the Oriental Trading Co rather than buying them directly from Lesley or from Hocus Pocus.

Sven
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
The marketed version by Ted Lesley is the same one that appears in Stunners. It was a contribution Ted made to the the book.

Hi,
I thought there where a few differences?
there are certainly differences bettween the version in Stunners and the version in Informataco principle
phillip
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I believe (actually do not hope!) that the Informatico Principle not is the method used in the marketed version of Berlin Bears.
If it should be, purchasing Berlin Bears would be more than a bargain!!

Sven
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I just read the berlin bears in Stunners and the cahpter on preparation says that the method in stunners is not the one used by TED as he uses his Informatico principle to get the info. As I do not have the marketed version of berlin bears I do not know what method is in that.
Phillip
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Would this routine work well in a family show, with kids and adults both?
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-12-30 16:19, mrlucky wrote:
Would this routine work well in a family show, with kids and adults both?

Absolutely!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-12-30 13:37, p.b.jones wrote:
HI,
I just read the berlin bears in Stunners and the cahpter on preparation says that the method in stunners is not the one used by TED as he uses his Informatico principle to get the info. As I do not have the marketed version of berlin bears I do not know what method is in that.
Phillip

I wrote the instructions you get with the Berlin Bears. The method in Stunners is the method that is furnished with the Berlin Bears. You can use the informatico principle if you want to, but it isn't necessary.

When Stunners was written, Ted always used the Informatico principle to get the information. Now he uses whichever method he feels like using. The method that comes with it requires less preparation than the informatico principle.

It is suitable for ANY audience.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Thank you to evreyone for the information.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Berlin bears (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL