The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Linking Rings on the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2005-01-14 09:31, bropaul wrote:
After reading what you pros are talking about maybe there is more to the switch than I know about. I just put the "set" in my right hand, put them in my bag, drop the key, pick up the ungaffed ring, pull them back out and lay them next to my bag on the street and move on with the show.

On the stage, I just put them away and have the extra ring next to the set. Seems that in the last 20 years, I've only had people want to "check out" the rings two or three dozen times and that's out of thousands of performances.

Seems like a mind set. If I don't care about the rings at the end and handle them in that way it is transmitted to the audience that there is no heat. Also the way the Haydn routine is structured with the spectator doing the work, and handling the rings, there really can't be a gaff, can there?

Thanks Whit for all the hats over the years. The checks in the mail.

I'm sorry, Bro Paul. When did you say you sent that check? Smile
magic guy
View Profile
New user
Kansas
27 Posts

Profile of magic guy
Occasionally, a spectator will "know" how I did that trick with the linking rings, so I'll hand 'em either two separate or two joined rings to fumble around with. Of course, Whit's routine works wonders on them, particularly the intelligent skeptics.

And as for the "I know that ring has a hole in it crowd," aside from the obvious smart-aleck passing of the hand through the HOLE, I say something like, "I suppose you COULD do it that way. . . ," or, "You saw that on TV. But my rings are different. See, no holes. I would never try to fool an audience with a broken set of rings. You guys are sharp. You'd catch catch me on the first try." Smile
Poetry is magic with words; magic is wordless poetry.
maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
Ninja rings will work nicely
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Linking Rings on the street (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL