The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I just saw Dan Sperry perform on tour in Canada, and I have to say, WOW! What a highlite to the show! Those of you that have seen Dan perform before know what I'm talking about. And those of you that haven't, you're sure missing out!

His persona on stage is truly original, and his ideas are inspirational to any dove worker! I grew up competing against him, and feel honored to have been able to share the stage with such an incredible artist!

Dave
Cameron Fisk
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
194 Posts

Profile of Cameron Fisk
I got to see Dan perform last night and it was amazing. He has many original ideas and concepts in his act! It really got my mind going on how to make my act better.

Great original character that comes across excelent on stage. For those of you who haven't seen his act yet definently should! Great work Dan.

Cheers,

Cameron Fisk
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
I have to say the same about Dans act. I was sitting in my seat thinking how cool he looked up there. That color changed is SICK!! I took that one home with me. Just kidding!! Nice guy too. One word FREAk on stage but Shizznipp is on fire!!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Rawk On guys and happy new year!!! I'm just a guy trying to do what I like to do I guess and hoping people like it. It's hard to sell a not so conservative character and sometimes you hear more "bads" than "goods" from people. Not to be a jerk but most of those "bads" either come from people over 50 or people who have no idea what they're talking about but think they do. -We've all run into those before. So it is very refreshing to get pats on the back by my peers and I appreciate it a lot guys. They're really aren't any magicians who have influenced me to do what I do, mainly Dimmare-Gabriel-Neil Foster-Cardini, a few guys like that but I can only really credit God for blessing me with being able to do what I love to do. Without Him I know I wouldn't be where I am right now with magic and just my life in general. It was cool getting to chill out with you guys, even if it was for a little bit, and talk magic after the show. I encourage anyone who can make it to come and see Murray's show, it is seriously one of the best magic shows I've ever seen, he's an extremely talented and smart performer and I privilaged to be a part of what he does and to be able to call him a friend.

Save Ferris,
Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
Dakota Rose
View Profile
New user
Dakota Rose
100 Posts

Profile of Dakota Rose
Hey guys,

I too agree that Dan Sperry is the greatest. He has inspired my dove magic. I also have had the priveledge of being back stage with Dan. I was a lot younger and just starting in competition. Dan was always there to help me out. He always took the time to help and talk when I was needed it.

Hey Dan, My grandmother and great aunt are definitely over 50 and they think you are the best. They love you. They are always talking about you at the dinner table and on the road. They say you have one of the best shows they have ever seen.

Later,

Dakota Rose
Dream things that never were and say, "Why not."

Junior Editor Linking Ring - Youth Forum

www.dakotarosemagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I must be young for my age. I think Dan's a very talented guy with a killer act.

But he knows that! I've told him that before, years ago. (Old guys are never wrong! At least that we can remember.)

If it were everyone else's act, it would not be your act. Own it!

Keep up the good work! (All of you) Make the old guys worry.

Uncle Bob,
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hi Guys,

Dan will be coming through here in a week. Look forward to seing his "Act". I also look forward to meeting him after the show.

Dave Womach, did the same Canadian tour a couple of years ago and did an outstanding job. I feel honoured that we were some of the first to see it with the new short sleeved shirt.

Hats off to both of you!!!

Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bob, Dan does a great job and he is nice guy. I have not had the pleasure of seeing Dave work but I'm sure that will happen eventually.

Dan does not have to worry about me taking his act. I don't have enough hair left to spike and color. Besides I look silly in Purple.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I agree with all of you. Dan has a killer act and so does Dave. These are the people in my age group and I consider it an honor to have grown up competing against them and forming everlasting friendships with them. It is so funny that even though we all do bird acts that each one is uniquely its own. We have each taken a different path and formed our own style.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Danny Boy
View Profile
New user
USA
57 Posts

Profile of Danny Boy
Matthew David Stanley how the heck are ya. Dan is legendary at PJ's Trick Shop here in the Land of Lincoln. I've never met him but I'd like to tell a little story if I may. Not too long ago a local shop burned to the ground in the middle of the night. Of all our customers and local acquaintances, Dan was the only one to call the shop to make sure that it wasn't us and see if we were ok. I was working at the shop that day and was staring at out wall of business cards. At the moment I looked at Sperry's the phone rang. Creepy coincidence, keep at it Sperry!

Dan Crook
Chitown

Too many Dans in magic
DannyCrook.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
What's up again guys! PJ's Trick Shop Rawks! Really guys, like I said before I appreciate the comments beyond words. It's been killer to be able to make great friends in magic, really life long friends for sure. Magicians are each other's worst critics, I know I am, and even though we don't pay each other's bills it is still fufilling to know that you've made that positive impression or connection on someone. I just do my thing and hope people will enjoy it and not associate it with anyone else's material, style, etc., and I've been totally blessed to start seeing it pay off even if it is through something like the Café'. To hear things, for example what Dakota commented on, is something I'd never thought I'd ever hear. I just try to take this art into a direction that will hopefully work for me and it has not been easy at all, but I'm totally humbled to know that it is giving something back to the art in the process too. Again and again, thanks guys!

Rawk on,
Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Having just had the pleasure of watching Dan perform 87 shows across Canada as a part of my annual tour I completely agree with everyone. He is a very talented young man with a killer act and the potential for a long and successful career. If you get the chance to see him - do so! You won't be dissappointed...

Murray
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hey All,

Just saw Dan's Act on his last day of the tour.

DAN, YOU RAWKED!!!

Not just on stage but off stage too. Thanks for taking the time out to spend some time with myself and my family.

All of us thought that he was unique and great to watch, and the girls (including my wife) loved his "Bad Boy" appearance, espescially my daughter:lol:

I personally loved the color change, and the balloon/silk/ cane appearance.

If you get a chance to check out his act, do so. It's a must see!

Dan,look forward to hooking up with you in Vegas at the WMS.

Cheers,
Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
sperris
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey Michael,
it was cool hanging out with you and your family too! Your daughter seemed really shy though, makes sense now...juuuuuuuuust kidding dude, I thought maybe I was too scary. Yeah totally we gotta hook up at WMS! That's great that you liked the act and whatnot, it was hard since it was the last show to get through it without having to choke back a tear. -Yes I'm a man I'll admit I got a little emotional up there with it being the last show and all, but Murray's tour was for sure the cooles thing I've ever done and I'm really sad to have it be over. Thanks to the guys who came to check it out, I really think it was one of the best magic shows in the world, Murray really did a killer job with getting acts that complimented each other onstage and in the show. I heard nothing but the highest comments and compliments coming from the audience. ...but murray...I saw the fear in the robot's eyes!!! bang on,

~Sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Can't let this thread go without a word. Having just spent six weeks on the road and watching Dan perform over 80 shows he truly is a great guy and does a killer act ... easy tiger! Dan has created a truly unique and individual style with some brilliant and original magic. Dan brings a breath of fresh air in the 'dove' arena ... hey Dan, I saw the fear in the canaries eyes!!!
Something that really showed Dans character off stage was that he was willing and more than happy to talk to anybody who wanted to say hello after the show. He is truly one of magic's really NICE GUYS.
Keep up the amazing work Dan
Paul
http://www.chaplinmagic.com
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Hey Dan - We performed together for the headliner show at the Magi Fest a few years back - Congrats on getting so many kudos from Murrays Tour ! I'm sure it makes you feel pretty good to know that these guys are behind you 100%. That's the way it should be !
I wish you all the best !
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
sperris
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey Steven, yeah I remember working with you! Long time no see! Are you coming to Ilinois any time soon? If you're ever around Chicago we should hang out! Hey Paul thanks for stopping by too! Remember the first rule? Don't break it! Thanks guys again for the kind words, I've come to realize it's an act either people hate (there are other threads on how much they dislike it in other areas of the Café) or an act people enjoy and it's really cool to see so much hard work pay off and to be recognized by my peers in the dove manipulation area. It's starting to become a smaller and smaller circle and everyone I know does an excellent job with their respective acts. I'm just being me I guess and hoping people enjoy it, but thanks again for posting guys!

rawk on,
Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
What's with the purple shirts and black jackets in this post?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I saw the last show in Calgary too.
It totally rocked, of course Sperry took the show. His magic was flawless and beautiful. And ya that's too funny about the purple shirts and black jackets in the forum, looks like Dan has some fans.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Good question....I just noticed it when you mentioned it Mr. Salazar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dan Sperry (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL