The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any body got Zapped lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I'd been suspecting that for awhile, but not knowing FAN-2-C's method I didn't want to post anything.

I think it is very misleading to have a video clip that shows a completly different effect instead of the one that they are selling...

If you are using a gimick(even if it is just extra cards) either they have to be hidden within the cards you laydown, or you have to palm them away. Those are the only options...

FAN-2-C is claiming that it is fully examinable but the demo shows that there is no palm.... So obvious that they are misleading and using a clip of zapped, which is extremly cleaner than FAN-2-C(if you don't care about examinability).
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Still nothing on "Royal Flash"?
Someone must have it!
Richard Lyn
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I know whats up with Royal flash. It looks to be a little less gimmicky than the zapped. It basically doesn't have 4 fl*** on the cards. In Royal flash, it looks to be that you are left with only 1 th*** card on top, and overall should be a cleaner effect. Also, in royal flash, you should be able to then switch that one card out rather than all 5. just reverse count them, and swoop...

I saw both demos, and honestly, I like JB's version more. I guess Id never know for SURE until I have it... anyone else?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I think they are two different effects, Royal Flash and Zapped.

In royal flash, side jogged cards are pushed together and then they change(or 3 cards vanish if you want to do it that way). But you have to push them together...

In zapped, fanned cards are stroked and change individually with no apparent motion other than stroking.
Lynn Lee
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Lynn Lee
Quote:
On 2005-01-07 19:33, Daegs wrote:
I think it is very misleading to have a video clip that shows a completly different effect instead of the one that they are selling...

Is that demo video from Mr. Wilson's site though? I remember seeing the "Shade" intro AGES ago on ellusionist's website when they started selling Zapped--they made it quite clear that the intro sequence to "Shade" used Zapped, NOT Fan-2-C (which didn't really even exist at the time.)

I feel like it was word of mouth and misinformation that led people to say that the "Shade" intro was actually a demo of R. Paul Wilson's effect--I've never seen a video that was clearly labeled as being a demo specifically of Fan-2-C, and from what I've heard of Mr. Wilson's work, he seems like an upstanding member of the magic community and I doubt he'd knowingly misrepresent his own effects, honestly.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
"I think it is very misleading to have a video clip that shows a completly different effect instead of the one that they are selling... "

They are not misleading. Elusionist.com are selling "Zapped" not Fan-2 See

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Zapped-Card-Change.htm

Peter
Alternative Magic
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
My quote is of Hocus-Pocus.

They are selling Fan-2-C and have a clip of zapped up.

They recently changed it so it says "To view a Windows Media clip of Zapped (the same effect as fan-2-C) from the movie "Shade,"".

However, when first put on the website I remember that it just said "View a Demo of this effect" with a link to the same video...
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I wonder if they read the post???? they cant trick magicians...
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Paul Wilson also makes you think that FAN-2-C is the trick being performed in the opening clip of Shade. He has the clip on his site. I don't really think that's right because it makes FAN-2-C look very clean and from what I understand it's not that clean. I don't quite understand why he would do that as he is a great inventor and performer.

Just my two cents.

Al
slap aces
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of slap aces
Paul does NOT have the clip on his site.

He never did.

Fan2C is his version of Zapped. The effect is exactly the same but the cards may be examined - end of story.

HP did change the wording on their site to clarify that the clip was Zapped (which is the same effect). It was Paul who asked them to make the change.
slap aces
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of slap aces
Paul does NOT have the clip on his site.

He never did.

Fan2C is his version of Zapped. The effect is exactly the same but the cards may be examined - end of story.

HP did change the wording on their site to clarify that the clip was Zapped (which is the same effect). It was Paul who asked them to make the change.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2005-01-11 02:48, slap aces wrote:

No, I don't agree with you.

I only bought the trick looking at that demo clip.

its just like showing a clip with a camera trick and saying HEY, the real effect just looks exactly like that.

You only show what you're selling.

:kewl:
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I agree with Mehtas.

If someone is selling a trick, they should have a demo up of that version of the trick -- not somebody else's different-method-version. People reading Paul Wilson's commentary about the trick on his site will think that the trick looks just like it does in the demo. And while it looks similair, it does not look exactly like that. It's like me selling the regular zombie, but having a demo of a white ball filled with helium. Same trick, floating ball. But the helium version looks cleaner.

Just my thoughts,

Al
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I'm with you Boat.
It seems strange that Paul Wilson can't come up with a demo tape on a trick that he must have done hundreds of time.
There is no way you can make the same moves as clean as Zapped with fan-to-c.
Richard
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
In the recent TV special, called "T.H.E.M.", the first effects were of cards changing to royal flushes and the like. Does anybody know if any of the effects mentioned in this thread were used for that opening sequence?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
So did anyone break down and order Royal Flash yet?

Al
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Boat,

Royal flash is bit better than Zapped, its less fussy to set up.

The RF idea is very good. I thought Id use fan-2-c instead of RF but after buying the product I found out its not THAT clean looking as zapped and RF. On top of that F 2 C does not leave you clean. I don't like trick where magicians tries to get rid of something just after an effect. This is my taste only, it might be diffrent with others.

The choice is yours.

Do you want a trick where cards can be examined at the end BUT its less clean looking, or do you want the one that really looks magical.

Id go for later one.

:kewl:
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-01-15 09:04, Mehtas wrote:

Royal flash is bit better than Zapped, its less fussy to set up.

The RF idea is very good. I thought Id use fan-2-c instead of RF but after buying the product I found out its not THAT clean looking as zapped and RF. On top of that F 2 C does not leave you clean. I don't like trick where magicians tries to get rid of something just after an effect. This is my taste only, it might be diffrent with others.

The choice is yours.

Do you want a trick where cards can be examined at the end BUT its less clean looking, or do you want the one that really looks magical.

Id go for later one.

You don't need to get rid of it right away. I just hold out. Te heat is on the cards, they always grab them and look.

Have you ever noticed how you can't see your own "rub-a-dub" vanish? It's the same with Fan-2-C. Zapped on camera looks great and Fan-2-C looks great to the spectator.
They will swear the cards changed AS you ran your finger over them.

Sure, if you show them the too in comaprison they will notice, but let's NOT do that ok?

You recieve so many handlings in Fan-2-C, I think it's better. If your sleight of hand is not that good though, get Zapped.
James

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Royal flash can be incorporated into call of the wild which is pretty cool!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Or you can just learn Cheng's Change and use normal ungaffed cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any body got Zapped lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL