The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best Self Working Card Trick (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Pre_deck_ability by Aldo Colombini
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Hidden gem for the day: Quadruple Coincidence from the book entitled Scarne on Cards. No skill required. It's a "do as I do" effect with four magic moments at the end. Pow... pow... pow... POW!
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
magicwanabe
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of magicwanabe
Hello Café members! I think a few great self-workers are those that are published by Harry Lorayne that have already been mentioned (OOTU, Equalizer, Lazy Man's Card Trick, etc.). Recently, I happen to stumble on one of his that I overlooked, from CUCM V. 1, in the Bonus section, called REALLY. This effect is truly amazing, and requires absolutely NO effort on the performer's part at all. The great thing is that it works no matter how you stage it (look it up, try it out, and you will know what I mean). I still can't figure out how it works (but fortunately all I have to do is perform it, not explain it!!). Good luck to all of you in the future!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1226 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2011, magicwanabe wrote:
Hello Café members! I think a few great self-workers are those that are published by Harry Lorayne that have already been mentioned (OOTU, Equalizer, Lazy Man's Card Trick, etc.). Recently, I happen to stumble on one of his that I overlooked, from CUCM V. 1, in the Bonus section, called REALLY. This effect is truly amazing, and requires absolutely NO effort on the performer's part at all. The great thing is that it works no matter how you stage it (look it up, try it out, and you will know what I mean). I still can't figure out how it works (but fortunately all I have to do is perform it, not explain it!!). Good luck to all of you in the future!

Harry has since published REALLY! in his book And Finally.

For those who aren't familiar with the effect, here is Harry performing "Really!", as part of his terrific Jawdroppers! Lecture in celebration of his 90th birthday:

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Paul V
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Paul V
I love ‘How To Find Your Other Half’ by Woody Aragon from his “A Book In English”. I think he also teaches it on his Penguin Live Lecture as well.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8252 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
And I love your thoughts on REALLY!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Paul V
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Paul V
Another self working effect I love to use is called “ Where It Has To Go “ by Rick Lax, the participant makes all of the decisions and you only touch the cards to explain & go through a quick selection process
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of cosermann
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2011, magicwanabe wrote:
... I happen to stumble on one of his that I overlooked, from CUCM V. 1, in the Bonus section, called REALLY. ...

Hmm. Looking for this trick and not finding it in my old copy of Close-Up Card Magic. So, is this in the updated version in the Classic Collection vol 1?
Regards,
Eric
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8252 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Seems as if nobody took the time to answer you, cosermann. Yes/ my effect REALLY! is in the bonus section of LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1. If you don't already have it, good luck finding a copy - it's been out of print for a decade or so. But - as someone mentioned above, I updated the effect (REALLY!) and explained how to use my Utility Mixer as part of the presentation in AND FINALLY! (If you don't have a copy of that - act soon, it's heading towards "sold out.") REALLY! is one of the strongest effects I know and perform. HL. (You can order AND FINALLY! or whatever else of mine is still available at harryloraynemagic.com .)

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2019, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Seems as if nobody took the time to answer you, cosermann. Yes/ my effect REALLY! is in the bonus section of LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 1. If you don't already have it, good luck finding a copy - it's been out of print for a decade or so. But - as someone mentioned above, I updated the effect (REALLY!) and explained how to use my Utility Mixer as part of the presentation in AND FINALLY! (If you don't have a copy of that - act soon, it's heading towards "sold out.") REALLY! is one of the strongest effects I know and perform. HL. (You can order AND FINALLY! or whatever else of mine is still available at harryloraynemagic.com .)

I consider myself fortunate that I was finally able to get AND FINALLY. Though it took awhile, my patience was dry well rewarded. I wholeheartedly agree with get it while you can.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
This is a strong effect from Mr. Lorayne. I forgot about this effect until I saw the effect of Mr. Lorayne performing it on his 90th birthday. It even fools me when I perform it. You just wonder how can this be.

Allen
cosermann
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of cosermann
Thanks Harry. I'll see if I can find a copy.
Regards,
Eric
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8252 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
No search necessary - just go to harryloraynemagic.com AND ORDER IT!

rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Impossible - Jennings
JC's Super Closer - JC Wagner
LMCT - Koran
Pre deck ability - Columbini
Do as I do - Royal Road
Shuffleboard - Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best Self Working Card Trick (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL