The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Magicians I salute you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Toasty
View Profile
New user
Wales
36 Posts

Profile of Toasty
Hello everyone! Erm, I'm a little new to internet message boards, but I signed up to this one as I have been doing beginners magic for a while now (although still a beginner!) I would love to become more involved, and really I joined up so I can learn from all of you pros, semi-pros and other beginners! I particularly love card magic involving sleights, and am also intrigued by the cups and balls tricks! As my profile will also confirm, I am a music student in Wales, so magic is very definitely a hobby, albeit one I hope to pursue. Happy New Year! Ben aka. Toasty
life is magical-in one way or another...
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
353 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
Welcome, Ben.

For some reason, I find that a lot of magicians are musicians as well. I'm not sure what the connection is, but there definitely seems to be one.

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
Toasty
View Profile
New user
Wales
36 Posts

Profile of Toasty
Well I'm in great company then. I'm actually a drummer/ percussionist, so maybe its the hand and eye coordination? I don't know. How long have you been doing magic then Geoff? Whats your forte?
life is magical-in one way or another...
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
Hey Ben!
It's very nice to meet you! I'm a magician/box jumper (magician's assistant), but I also am involved with music (piano/vocal).I plan to major in music at Westminster. Geoff's right, there are a lot a magicians who are also musicians. Welcome! Have Fun!
~Jessica Peterson
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
353 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
My forte is jazz and blues saxophone, with a little bit of clarinet and flute thrown in as needed. Smile

I've been a small-scale magic hobbyist for over 30 years, but started just recently to make a serious effort at the magic thing. I want to really entertain people with the magic. My primary magical interest is coins.

In starting my renewed effort, I thought a lot about what kind of magic I wanted to do. Basically, what's my filter for effects, since no one can do everything? I've boiled it down to: magic that's visual, astonishing, and fun. Coins fit that bill (pun semi-intended).

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Toasty,

Welcome to the Café! You may want to check out the New to Magic forum..lots of great info there on what books or vids to purchase depending on where your interest in magic lies. Just scroll down to view all the forum and pick a favorite or two to start...whew! as there is so much it can be a bit overwhelming your first couple visits. It's a friendly place so don't' hesitate to post. Have fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Magicians I salute you! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL