The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Help with Aerial credits. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Well, you know the thumb cut, you split off half the packet with the thumb, put your ring and middle finger over the deck, the 2 others under, and lift that half on the top. You know there is that kind of Aerial cut as well, you do the same thing, but do a upwards motion with your hand and extend and the packet does one revolution in the air and lands as its supposed to. (Lovely aerial by the way.)

I need credits for this move, or at least a name for it. I looked in the bible and didn't find it in the book. (Might have overlooked it though.)

Any clues?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
TG Murphy mid-air tripple cut. Sounds like anyway.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
sc_wizard29
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of sc_wizard29
I don't think it's that cut Caution, I think that in the mid-air triple cut you split the packet by doing the "flip throw cut" (bible page 47).

If I'm not mistaken, Bone does the mid-air triple cut in his "black deck" video.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I´m not sure, I have seen Roman use it a lot though.

But mid air triple cut, I don't understand, isn´t there 3 packets involved o why is it called triple cut?

Picking up my bible right now, ill look.

Nah, its not the thing there, its like that but the packet starts under, ends on top and rotates in the other direction in the air and lands.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Check this promo video of jerrs Companion DVD. thers some aerials in there. maybe you find what you are looking for. If you do, the cut is the in BIBLE

Video
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
The same flip in De'vo's cut combo? flipping on top of the deck instead of the other hand? It's in one of De'vo's earlier videos too. He cuts the deck by flipping the bottom packet several times and lands on top of the deck. That was credited to TG Murphy too I think.

Jinx
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
nakouzi
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nakouzi
Tis the double reverse roll cut and its in the bible (EOPCF)
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
Exact same as De'vo's, and Jerry's.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Gah, I cant find it, is it in the one handed cut section? I don't see it anywhere.
Wasnt in one handed multiple cut section either.

Page number anyone?

EDIT:

http://www.flourishman.com/TOC.htm

It´s not anywhere in there.
johnw188
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of johnw188
I'm not sure. I was playing around with that exact same move a while back, its pretty sweet. Try using an old or powdered deck and push the packet you're throwing against the other one. You can use the pressure to sort of catapault the packet quite a ways. I figured out a nice little sequence where you have half of the deck in either hand, and you launch packets back and forth into the mouth-like shape you get in the first part of the thumb cut. Kind of like instant replay, but with packets.
WICKED
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of WICKED
This move is nothing new.This move has been done by many people and it looks nicer if done in a routine and not the move alone. And nicer if YOU could do it with everything ending up square. My suggestion? stick to the pivot cuts dear Harwin. Smile
One more thing, I believe Jerry or De'vo created that move. Smile
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Eh...

You people talk like I thought I invented the move, not a chance lol, its so basic that it was probably made 200 years ago. Or maybe it was printed in a manuscript in the twenties in Germany as usual, who knows. Smile
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha yeah.

Nah, it varies, its Austria sometimes and sometimes Europe and sometimes Germany, but always in the twenties.

**** it, I didn't live back then, seemed like the whole world did flourishes back then. I mean as everything was created back then. Haha
Caution
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Caution
There are many publications from Austria and Germany but they are hard to find in hardcopy. Several of them are online for XCMers. I hear a reprint of Marius Sr.'s work is in the works. I saw his original works online, but never in person. Ciappi from Handlordz got to meet Marius Jr. at Ulmen and learned some of his father's original material. Just because they don't let it out in the magic world doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They don't care what you say about it because they know it's there and I think they actually find it funny that the ameture magicians(some pro magicians do know about Marius Sr. and others)don't have a clue about their art.
Mike
UBKuel, IBkuel.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
I hope to meet some of them when I got to Ulmen too. I already agreedon meeting CIAPPI!
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
Yay! I seize this oppurtunity to go off topic, just like the rest of you:

SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

-Kev
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Help with Aerial credits. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL