The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Hankerchief Sources... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Ok so I want to purchase the right type of silk/hanky needed to do coin and silk work (like on David Roth's videos). It is a silk hanky, rolled hem, about 24 inches I think. Does anyone know of some stores where these are found (I live in the Vancouver, BC area if that helps).

Thanks,

alym
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 12:38pm
------------------------------------------------------
Anybody?
Logic Defied
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I'm looking for some silks too....

Daniel
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
If you are looking for a opaque silk you can try a mens clothing store that sells suits, etc. Look for silk pocket squares.
Click to visit:
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
Not really on topic but related. For the transparent silk used in Ammar's coins thru silk routine look in Wal-Mart. In the Women's section they have a multitude of colors to choose from. Inexpensive too.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Dan hit it on the head. Go to a suit dealer, or a formal clothing store.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I'll check this out today...

Aren't they a bit small for what we need though? Men's hankerchiefs are usually smaller than the silks women wear...
Logic Defied
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Go to a fabric store and look around for the material that you like, take it to one of the ladies working there and ask if there is any way that they could sew a tight hem into the edge of it. Explain that you're a magician, do some magic for her (do your best stuff, more than likely they'll sew it for free if they get a good show!) and off you go. My friend did this and got 4 silks sewn for him for just the cost of the material.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
NICE!!! I will definitely give this a try (and thanks to the grammar host for cleaning up my last 2 posts!)
Logic Defied
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Hankerchief Sources... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL