We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gandalf
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
310 Posts

Profile of gandalf
I would like to get into some IT routines, making stuff float etc. I'm am baffled by the many different gaffs/tools there are to enable me to this is! What, in your opinions, would be the best tools/references for me to purchase in the beginning?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you wait for another 14 messages, there's a "Secret Sessions" forum dedicated to IT work. All the answers to your questions are waiting there for you.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
ykstem
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of ykstem
If you can afford them, you should look into the Ammar series on Invisible Thread, for an overview.

I would acutally recommend, rather than buying all 3, that you get the first one, which covers invisible elastic, loops, and itrs, among other topics, and Jon LeClair's 'Who's Afraid of Invisible Thread', which is imo the best resource on non-elastic invisible thread work.

My personal advice would be to start with regular IT and experiment with differnt hookups - this will teach you the basics of thread work. Then you can try out elastic and loops, and itrs.

Personally, even though I like the "float" from regular it the best, I find loops to be the most practical, easiest, and cleanest method for floating bills in the kind of close-up work that I do. But everyone's preference will differ I'm sure.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Yep! Go for Jon Leclair there are heaps of different tricks with invisible thread.
Aaron Farrugia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL