We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardini and others - finally have it. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
Hofzinser invented the tilt move
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
A Don Alan file was just sent to Shane. Enjoy! And thanks, again, Shane for hosting.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Thanks Bennett,

I've already done my update for today, but I'll add it to the site first thing tomorrow morning.

If anyone else has any videos, send me an e-mail. I can send you a Gmail account, which will allow you to send videos of almost any size.

Shane Wiker

Update: Jan 9 2005

A video of Don Alan performing a chop cup routine, a cup and sponge ball routine, and a coin and hat routine has been added. Go to the video section, then the others section to find the video.

Also, the Cardini video has been converted to Real Media format for those without Windows Media Player. Just go to the Cardini page and click on RM (It's next to WMV).

Shane Wiker
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Guys:
I realized that the Don Alan clip doesn't include card magic so this may be the wrong forum...However he is thought of by some to be a pioneer of close-up presentation. I heard Eugene Burger say "Today most close-up magicians are imitating Don Alan and they don't even know who he is." Hence..my sending the clip to Shane.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
570 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Thanks for the Cardini clip fellas! I had previously only had bits and pieces. To think, I took Giobbi's word on the TILT. Great stuff and thanks again!
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Gary D
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
234 Posts

Profile of Gary D
I'm looking forward to promise Vernon movie.
JoshEarp
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of JoshEarp
I am curious as to how you guys "obtain" these clips.

Anyways, I have enjoyed every video on there.

Any new videos coming into act soon?
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Thanks for that Zack and Shane, great to see footage of Don Alan.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I've received a PM telling me that the Don Alan video is actually from Glenn Bishop's website, so I took the video down.

You can see it at:
http://www.bishmagic.org/

Josh,

Like I said, I'm still waiting to hear back about the Lance Burton clip. If I can get permission, it will go online soon. If I don't hear back today, I'll call.

If anyone else has any videos, send them to mail@magicshane.com, or MagicShaneW@gmail.com

If the file is too large, I'll send you a Gmail account which will allow you to send videos of almost any size.

Shane Wiker
JoshEarp
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of JoshEarp
That's sad to hear.

I mean, so what if you guys have the same video? What's the big deal?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-01-08 04:06, ncsteve wrote:
Since one of the most famous (& talked about moves in magic) "The Man That Fooled Houdini" was used before Marlo was no more than a baby...

I'm confused by this reference to the Vernon/Houdini thing. The guy used a DL and a DB to make a card placed second from the top reappear on the top of the deck. What does this have to do with Marlo?

Where is a record of Hofzinser using a depth illusion in his card magic? Folks like Richard Hatch, Edward Victor, Dai Vernon and Ed Marlo would have been very attentive to messing up any Hofzinser credits.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ziggy
View Profile
New user
SW Washington State
51 Posts

Profile of Ziggy
Thanks Shane for hosting these videos, it was a real pleasure to watch the old masters at work, I have never seen Cardini perform before, wow, incredible
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.."
Oscar Wilde
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
Quote:
Where is a record of Hofzinser using a depth illusion in his card magic? Folks like Richard Hatch, Edward Victor, Dai Vernon and Ed Marlo would have been very attentive to messing up any Hofzinser credits.

See 'Remember and Forget #1' from 'Hofzinsers Card Conjuring' and read with an open mind. Also see same in 'Hofzinsers Card Tricks' by Karl Fulves and read the end notes.
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Shane and Mr. Bishop:
Sorry about the Don Alan video. I download so much stuff that I forget where I get it from.

Some people where asking about the Vernon home video. It is possible that I may have gotten that from Mr. Bishop's site as well. It appears to be no longer there.
Perhaps it can be reposted.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
If it was Vernon doing the cone ball and hank, Silent Mora and Charlie Miller... Yes it was from my web site...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2005-01-09 20:16, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I'm confused by this reference to the Vernon/Houdini thing. The guy used a DL and a DB to make a card placed second from the top reappear on the top of the deck. What does this have to do with Marlo?

In this case, nothing. I have heard MANY guys wrongly state that Vernon used the depth of illusion/tilt/whatever you want to call it move to fool Houdini - that he tried to create the illusion of inserting into the centre of the deck. My understanding is that he openly placed the card under the DB card and made no secret "move" of doing this. The DL was the move.

I wasn't there though...my guess is that there's a teaching video out there that is popular that wrongly states that this is how Vernon fooled Houdini - with the "tilt". It couldn't be in a book, otherwise there'd only be about 5 people who think this...
tjo'
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
The trick that fooled Houdini according to the Revelations video on card cheating was the same effect that fooled Kennedy and helped Vernon learn the center deal. It wasn't the tilt or the Depth deception according to that story...

It was something else...

It is not my effect to expose so I won’t expose it here!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
The Dai Vernon video has been taken down, after receiving an e-mail from Steve Pellegrino from L&L. It's a shame that people are so paranoid about these things, especially considering the fact that it's not reducing sales. Anyway, the law is the law. Sorry to disappoint you guys.

Shane Wiker

BTW, the rest of the videos are still up.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Shane:

Your posting of the video was completely with good intentions. I understood that from the outset. But you did the right thing taking it down.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
I fully support the ideals of Shane on this matter. It's a shame that certain people cannot recognise the true benefits of endeavours such as his, and the overall benefit they will bring to the magical community.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardini and others - finally have it. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL