We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Orleans in May (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Hi,

My wife and I are planning a trip to New Orleans in May. Does anyone know how the weather is that time of year? What places to see? Any magic shops or shows? Any hotel recommendations?
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
My wife and I went there on our honeymoon in the heat of August (2000). If I recall, it was well in the 90's every day during our trip. I imagine May will be quite warm as well. We stayed at the Inn on Bourbon St. aka the Ramada Plaza Hotel.
As far as places to see, well, you have to visit the French Quarter. It is filled with many places to shop, eat, etc. There is a huge farmer's market sorta place in the Quarter called the French Market. Lots of food and crafts there. And if you like jazz music (or even if you don't, really) you should check out Preservation Hall. Every night at 8 or so, there is live jazz music there. It is a very small venue with not much seating, despite its name, but it is fantastic. Get there early if you go. You can also ride the paddleboats. There are several small boats that take short trips on the Mississippi River. They often take you to some point of interest. The one we went on took us to the Chalmette Battlefield, site of the 1814 Battle of New Orleans. Or take a tour of the Garden District where you can visit many of N.O.'s historic mansions. There's lots more stuff to see and do, but these are things I recommend.
As for magic shops, there is the Big Easy Magic Co. That is the only one that comes to mind right now.
Have fun! We loved New Orleans, and plan to return in the near future.
Brandon
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks for all the info...
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Am sure you already know this, but there are some pretty good webcams in New Orleans for you to watch at home.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks
MikeSpark
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of MikeSpark
Big Easy Magic Co has been outta there for sometime it hink.

Check out SIDESHOW - it's harry anderson's place. He's on Chartres and...oh stink. I can't think of it. The corner of Chartres and...dang. Sorry man. Someone here will know.

If not, when ya get there, just ask around.

Mike
Brandon Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Louis, Missouri
293 Posts

Profile of Brandon Delgado
Quote:
On 2005-01-07 00:57, MikeSpark wrote:
Big Easy Magic Co has been outta there for sometime it hink.

Check out SIDESHOW - it's harry anderson's place. He's on Chartres and...oh stink. I can't think of it. The corner of Chartres and...dang. Sorry man. Someone here will know.

If not, when ya get there, just ask around.

Mike

Oops. You're right, Big Easy is gone. Sideshow is on the corner of Chartres and Dumaine.

Brandon
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
OOPS--sideshow is gone too.

Ellen
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks to all of you for your help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Orleans in May (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL