The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » What the..? Street Magic Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Ok – I need some of you veterans to assist me here. Concerning the “Street Magic Exposed” special on Fox.

If this was asked and answered before – I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thanks.

Ok – First off – none of the effects had the correct “names,” I assume there is some legality there – they can’t come out and say “This is The raven” made by Chuck Leech – there would be some issues with that I am sure. Plus the good side is – it keeps wanna bes away from finding documentation and the gaffs needed to execute these effects.

Secondly – let’s mention the raven for a second – they clearly showed a Raven – which is Chuck’s invention – they don’t need any permission to display this creation? I would think if anyone could so for “loss of wages” it would be chuck – but then in the same light – the cigg through coin gimmick they showed looked like some hack job with rubber bands! This is not the Johnson gimmick or any gimmick I have ever seen! It looks like something they made for the show.

So – did they get permission from Chuck but not from Johnson coins? This seems odd to me. Why they can show one gimmick , but not the other.

Third – speaking of gimmicks – what in the heck was that “controlled device” that altered the watch pin? That looked like some sort of science project! Am I just so out of touch with street magic that I don’t know this effect is out there? Blaine used the Psychochentic Time effect – so like the coin trick – they can expose one trick correctly – but not another….

Lastly, if anyone is doing PK factor with a brick like magnet in your sleeve, I hope you are not getting questions about your square muscles…

Blessings,
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
If you could prove in court that by exposing this it would hamper your sales (not you per say but chuck), and be detramental to your lively hood, I think Fox, would have a new name like.... CHUCKS?
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I saw some of that show as well. Maybe the show was made by a magician who was out for a quick buck but didn'y want to expose to much. Let the public think they know how Blaine changes the time, so when a magician does it for real they get blown away. This has happend to me, I did PK time and the specs were impressed then they said "wait a minute I saw this on T.V, you have that thingy" Then they looked at me and I had no sleeves on, as well as the fact it was in their hands and they went crazy. Also maybe the magician involved was just sick of everyone doing cig through coin?
Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » What the..? Street Magic Special (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL