We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where Do You Sit On A Plane? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Do you like the window seats or the isle?
How about at the front, middle or rear?
Or do you like to sit near the exits?

What is your preference and why!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
To be fair in this day of age it dosnt matter where you sit on a plane if it crashes you have no chance of survival.
so the answer for you is anyware but preferably noware.

Gareth
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I try to sit by the window, becasue I like to look at stuff. My preference is to sit by the emergency exit. 1. more leg room 2. If there is a crash, and I am not killed I have emergencey training and believe I am capable of getting myself and others out. 3. If we survive the crash and there is fire, that is where I want to be.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I'm with Cliff all the way. I too have emergency training.
Dennis Michael
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Window seats. Like to be able to look down and see white cliffs of Dover, coast of France, Portugese hills and villages and towns, Spanish cities like Madrid (you can clearly see the huge football stadium). Then over the top of Casablanca (what a grotty looking place!), Tunisia etc. Will be making this journey again very soon! Now where am I going?

Tony.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I always request a window seat for this reason. You don't get the perspective of things that way often. Once or twice a year for most. Its a chance not to miss.
How often do you see things from 30k feet, mountains, rivers, lakes, clouds and so much more.
I have now started to request the rear of the plane or the very front as when I just ask for a window seat I always was put over the wing. The wing can be interesting but is also a big obstruction.
I have found that many people reserve at the rear of the plane under the assumption that this is the safest place.
One of the best observations was of a thunderstorm at night about 20 miles away.
- Mark Twain
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
I prefer sitting in the plane. Sitting on the plane might be a little too dangerous.
Anyway it gets windy and you could get knocked off moving 500 MPH
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
"you could get knocked off moving 500 MPH" Unless you wear my patented velcro pants. available at http://www.stickybutt.com at a price of only $3. Get some now, PayPal accepted.

PPS, I should register http://www.stickybutt.com
- Mark Twain
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5138 Posts

Profile of landmark
The seat by the window overlooking the wing.

I want to keep track of the little men cavorting on the wings . . .

Jack Shalom
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I definitely love the window seat. Peering down on the earth below while listening to classical music over the airline's radio is so relaxing. While the wing's supposed to be safest, as Partizan said, it just gets in the way of the view.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I just love mixing classical music and window looking in planes. That is the only channel you can guarantee good viewing music. I always hit the classical channel and gaze out the windows.
It is a pity you cant still go up into the cabin and see the front view. I used to love that as a kid.

About a wing seat. This can be interesting when viewed at top altitude and max speed. You can see vortices travel up and down the wing as parts of the wing go supersonic. Due to the speed of sound and the altitude the sound barrier drops and parts of the plane go supersonic. plus I love to see the wings warp and bounce.
- Mark Twain
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I really don't have a preference. I've travelled a lot and always use to choose the window seat but then it became nearly impossible to get out especially if the people seated next to you fell asleep. Grrr horrible if it's more than a 5 hr flight!

At one time like Landmark, I chose the seat near the wing. Now I prefer an aisle seat..can get up anytime you want and possibly avoid those potentially life threatening blood clots the airlines are warning everyone about. They advise us to get up and stretch our legs..just wish the seats weren't so close and we could all do this with no problem!

The strangest experience I've ever had on a plane occurred six months before 911. Although security was tight it wasn't as much as after the terrorist attack. I was travelling to a convention in the US from Canada and realized I had forgotten all my ID. Reason for this being a day before my flight I erased all my cards with the magnetic clasp on my new purse. The bank issued me new cards and I purchased yet another purse. In my haste I grabbed the wrong one on my way to the airport. Yes! I know stupid! I was told they would never let me through but I should talk with the customs people. They asked if I had anything with could identify me and I showed them a tiny photograph of myself that had recently been printed in a magic magazine. I got on although I was the last person to board. They were waiting for me at the gate.

Told me quickly put your bags down the shoot thingie and I did and gasp!!! NOOO my boarding pass!! They said get on the plane and so I did. Scary now looking back that I was able to get on the plane with no ID nor boarding pass but I did!

Had to do the same thing returning home as I again didn't have ID but did have a boarding pass. Customs had to question me as to my citizenship and as I have duel it was rather complicated. oops..sorry I went off topic.

I should have answered I'm lucky to sit anywhere on a plane! :O)
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I like the window seats near the back.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
A Window seat and a nice Scotch on the rocks Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Window.
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I prefer up fomt isle, more leg room and you get out of the flying sardine quicker.

Jeff
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Why choose?

I like to book three seats in a row so I can STRECH out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where Do You Sit On A Plane? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL