We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Add on to "What are your favorite non-magic books?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
You've said the books, so what are your favorite non-magic movies?

Mine:
I just saw one a few minutes ago called Radio. A very touching story...

Edward Scissorhands, both Exorcist movies, Pi (a bit confusing at first), Cheaper by the Dozen (the original), this old Christmas movie that I forgot the name of...I remember it started out with a war and then these guys teamed up and had a two-man act and met two sisters, Merry Christmas Mr. Bean, Signs, and A Series of Unfortuneate Events.......so far Smile.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Sneakers, Real Genius, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Men in Black, Good Will Hunting, Spy Game.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-01-05 22:09, Daniel Santos wrote:
this old Christmas movie that I forgot the name of...I remember it started out with a war and then these guys teamed up and had a two-man act and met two sisters

That was "White Christmas" starring Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye with Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen as the two sister's (1954).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Daniel, you're right on with Pi. That's a great movie. I don't think that Merry Christmas Mr. Bean counts as a movie, though Smile Even though it's hilarious!

Non animated movies: Pi, Annie Hall, Matchstick Men, UHF, Mary Poppins, Kill Bill Vol. 1&2 (2 more than 1), Super Size Me. There's gotta be more, but I can't think of them.

Animated movies: Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Iron Giant, Ice Age, Aladdin, Lion King, The Great Mouse Detective, and Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm kind of a cartoon nut.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
You're right Andini, not exactly a movie for Mr. Bean, but hey...it IS very funny! Smile. And thanks Iven for the information.

Add on for me:

The Sound of Music
Oklahoma
and
Fiddler on the Roof

Totally forgot about those musicals.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Toasty
View Profile
New user
Wales
36 Posts

Profile of Toasty
I'm shawshank redemption, the lotr trilogy, sleepers, arlington rd, oceans eleven. I like the intelligent thoughtful ones. And also andini, matchstick men is a great film too! But-the kill bills are too gruesome!
life is magical-in one way or another...
Burnt
View Profile
New user
England
66 Posts

Profile of Burnt
Shaun of the dead, Withnail and I,From Hell, Deathwatch, Sleepy hollow, Interview with a vampire and pulp fiction are all very good films in my oppinion.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Daniel, you reminded me of my favorite musical: Singin' In The Rain.

I had to watch it for Film Study and I loved it!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2122 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
The Matrix. The concept is amazing, although not orginal.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Add on to "What are your favorite non-magic books?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL