The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bryce's Screen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
For years now, Abbott's has sold an illusion called Bryce's Screen. From the description, it is a multiple sides screen that can produce a person when closed. It says you can actually bring spectators up to the stage and perform it surrounded. Has anyone had any experience with this product? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I got it last month and have had great experience with it. The illusion is simple but rather effective. Personally I believe that it's a much more deceptive illusion if you have some distance from the audience. It could possibly work with spectators up on stage but I have yet to try it.

Alex
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
I used Bryce's screen for the first time a few months ago and it's really a great and easy way to produce someone you don't have a lot of time to rehearse with. I also agree that distance help a lot. I rented one from a fellow magician and then ordered plans to make my own.

Cashetta
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Alex,

I spoke to the guys at Abbott's today and they actually made mention of the Screen they recently made for you. Is your's the one where the screen's were painted black and white in kind of an oriental theme? I was wondering if you could provide me with a detailed review of this product, including comments on quality and workmanship. Are there any inherent weakensses in the effect? Thanks.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I had wanted it to be made with an oriental theme earlier on but opted for a simple black and white stripe design. I got the illusion earlier than the date promised by Abbott's, but the air shipping did cost as much as the illusion itself. Overall, I think the illusion is well-built, easy and just as I expected. I'm pretty pleased with the illusion.

Unless you understand the workings and have an idea of how you intend to use the illusion, I would suggest you do more research. If you are only after the secret, you might get a little disappointed. The illusion is however, deceptive and effective if you put some time and thinking into it.

Alex
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bryce's Screen is a definite asset to an illusion show. It's a very simple way of producing a person, without needing a lot of rehearsal. I've had one for about a dozen years or so.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
How tall is this illusion? I gather it doesn't fold for traveling does it?

Mike
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Kent and Mike

If you would like to invest a few dollars before buying the illusion, the set of Osborne plans for Bryce's Screen can be bought here:

http://hamiltonholtinc.site.yahoo.net/plans1.html

The plans are straight forward and you could consider building this illusion yourself. It is probably one of the easiest full size stage illusions to build.

Rob
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Mine is about seven feet tall. It folds flat, into a piece about 8 inches thick by about 18 inches wide, by about seven feet tall. If anyone is interested in purchasing it, I might be willing to part with it. I don't use it any more.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I too purchased the "plans" for this illusion. I've always been facinated by the thing and would love to own one, but in reality the amount of times I'd be able to use it and the storage problems of something 7 feet long in a two bedroom apartment have to be considered.

I think one of the biggest stops for me is that Abbott's (bless their souls I love the place), is not known for their tastefully decorated props. Even the drawing is ugly and I can only imagine the coloring of the actual cloth covering.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Mr. Palmer,

Could you possibly post a picture of the screen? I've never actually seen one other than the sketch provided in the Abbott's catalogue. Thanks.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I think if you watch the JASON BYRNE demo you will see one.....I'm not sure....but it sounds similar.

If anyone knows, am I correct???
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Mr. Tougas:

Abbotts is very accommodating. You can have one made in any color you like. I had one made in a solid red for a Santa arrival.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-01-10 14:51, magicman845 wrote:
Mr. Palmer,

Could you possibly post a picture of the screen? I've never actually seen one other than the sketch provided in the Abbott's catalogue. Thanks.

Kent

It would be difficult. The thing is at my warehouse, which is not close by.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Zaam101 is right, Jason Bryne used a Bryce's Screen for the production of his assistant for his Origami routine.

Alex
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Does anyone know where can I find a video clip of the Jason Bryne demo? Thanks in advance.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
You find a video clip on his website :www.jasonbyrne.com (not bryne ! )
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Ok... byrne!!!

I apologise for not checking the spelling, didn't know it would get such a reaction.

;-)
Alex
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Hey Alex,
No problem - I just wanted to let the folks here at the Café know the correct spelling in case they wanted to look him up thru google...
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Are you guys sure that the screens on the viseo are Bryce's Screen? I though Bryce's screen was made up of three visible panels, the one in the video gad six pannels.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bryce's Screen (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL