The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Cardiographic by Martin Lewis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
Hello, someone know what is the "template" that comes with this illusion.

Best regards

gosman
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
It's simply a template that allows you to more easily make additional gimmicks.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
You might want to wait until you have posted 50 posts. It will give you access to Secret Sessions where the question could be answered more freely. Just a suggestion.

Jakks
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
If it comes with template why they sell refills for cardiographic :, is a bit weird.

Cya
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
It's for lazy people like me who have no art skill Smile

Jakks
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

The template is not used to make refills. The template is used to draw a fine pencil line on the blank sheets provided. So, that when you sketch or draw on the pad, in front of your audience, it allows you to do the drawing more easily without any artistic ability.

Refills must be purhased for this effect, as the pad is custom made. It's not a standard size pad that can be purchased in a stationery store.

I speak from experience, as I work for Hocus Pocus in Fresno, CA. We have purchased the manufacturing rights from Martin Lewis about 4 years ago. We manufacture and distribute this product all over the world.

If you have any further questions, please email or contact the store directly.
Jason London

This space for rent
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I was just wondering, when you buy Cardiographic, are you just buying the rights and template to it or does it actually give you everything without having to make your own gimmicks, ect. for it?
Thanks in advance,
Mack Magic Smile
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
436 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
When you Cardiographic you are ready to go. All you need is your personallity and a black felt tip marker.If i am right the trick even comes with 10 refills. Jason above would be able to answer that. I bought mine at Hocus Pocus about 3 years ago so I cant remember. But you have to make nothing.

good luck
Shawn
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Just a quick note on Jason's comment of the pad not being a standard stationary store item. This is not quite correct. You can go to any Staples or Offic Max store and purchase the correct size pad right off the shelf. I made my own following the directions given on Martin's tape and had no problem finding the material. By the way Jakks, it doesn't take a lot of art skill to make this effect. It just takes a little time and patience.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Quote:
On 2002-09-17 18:48, Shawn D wrote:
When you Cardiographic you are ready to go. All you need is your personallity and a black felt tip marker.If i am right the trick even comes with 10 refills. Jason above would be able to answer that. I bought mine at Hocus Pocus about 3 years ago so I cant remember. But you have to make nothing.

good luck
Shawn
Thank you, you have answered what I been wondering.
Thanks,
Magic Magic Smile
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Danno/Jakks: I think you misinterpreted what Jakks was saying about non-sensical posts and so did I when I first read it. I'm not defending him but after rereading the string of posts, I believe what he was trying to say, was in general, don't make non-sensical posts just to gain access to the secret session. It was not to say this particular post was non-sensical. On the other hand, I don't think there was anything wrong with the original question being posted here by Gosman. He wasn't asking for a detailed explanation of the trick. I believe he received his answer without anyone giving away the secret. I don't think it's reasonable to have every question posted in secret sessions. When we welcome new arrivals, we always say "dont be afraid to ask questions" or "this is the best place for help" and then we turn around and say ask only after you've posted 50 times. There's a line that can be drawn between helping a fellow magician and exposing the secret to anyone reading the post.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Oh yes. I certainly didn't mean that this was a non sensical post, I just meant that it was a little revealing, and that he might want to wait until hecan get into Secret Sessions to get more straight forward answers.

Jakks
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Actually, if you go back and re-read my post it might become a bit clearer to you.

We manufacture Cardiographic for commercial resale. We make them in quanities of 100's to 1000's at a time. Finding impossible to locate the standard size notepads always availible in the quanities necessary
to do so. We did everything a manufacturing company would do.

We had our own pad fabricated.The cover, backing, pages, and spiral bindings. These have all been custom made to our specifications.

Good luck! Smile
Jason London

This space for rent
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I absolutely agree that if you are going to makeup 100 or more cardiographs at one time, you would most likely not be able to find that many in a stationery store. I was able to pick up 10 of them at one time and Staples usually has that many on the shelf. I didn't really need 10 of them but I'm a firm believer in being prepared and buyer when I see something.

Dave
Where the magic begins
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
So, if I buy one from Hokus Pokus, does that mean I have to buy refills from them as well?? I saw it on Magicsmith, and it was pretty expensive just for a refill enough for 10 performances.. thanks
somagic
View Profile
New user
Hungary
2 Posts

Profile of somagic
Greetings,

I have a question in connection with the cardiograph. Do they manufacture it at the same size everywhere? Or if I order it from one company I have to always order the refills from them? Thanks for your help

Soma
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
It is the same..as long as it is by Martin Lewis.. Smile
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I'm confused. So does that mean if I buy the first cardiographic and I use up the pad, will I have to pay a ridiculous price for refills or can I go to a Staples and get more for a lot cheaper? At Magic Smith, they are selling refills (12 performances only) for 27 bucks.. that's absolutely insane!!
Simon Williams
View Profile
New user
Reading, UK
54 Posts

Profile of Simon Williams
Trickster2000, Cardiographic is a great trick, to perform it, is to love it. My advice would be to get Martin's book or video and make your own. You can then use whatever card you like as a riser. Trust me, it is not that difficult to make up. On my pad I've even used my inkjet! There is actually some fun in making up something like this - it seems more personal to yourself and consequently your performance of the effect can be enhanced.
Just to repeat - it's a great trick wether you buy it or make it.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1094 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>im confused.... so does that mean if i buy
>the first cardiographic and i use up the
>pad, will i have to pay a ridiculous price
>for refills or can i go to a staples and
>get more for a lot cheaper??? at magic
>smith, they are selling refills (12
>performances only) for 27 bucks.. thats
>absolutely insane!!

I bought his video Making Magic and thought for sure I'd build it myself. Nah. I bought his effect, too, after I saw how brilliant it was and I'm pleased that I did. I did have to alter it a bit to make the ink look more recent; I would probably end up going to Staples to buy refills myself. Then again, that's just $2.25/performance, and if you saw the performance on his tape, you'd realize the effect is worth far more.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Cardiographic by Martin Lewis (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL