The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Encylopedia of playing card flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ragtop
View Profile
New user
california
58 Posts

Profile of ragtop
Just ordered the book from the flourishman a couple of days ago. Anxiously awaiting my copies arrival! For those that have ordered one from flourishman, how long did it take?
Stimuli
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Stimuli
4 days for me. Sent Media Mail across the country for $5 bucks. Gotta love it. Have fun with the book man, it's amazing. Peace.
Antz
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Antz
Yes, amazing it is.

Delivery depends on where you live. International take a lot longer obviously. I live in Australia and it took 3-4 weeks. But that was over the Christmas period as well.

Antz
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
I've talked to guys who said they waited twenty years for a resource like this, so shipping time isn't that much more to wait. There has never been such a massive amount of information packed into one place. There are 2800 photographs, funny and informative descriptions, and priceless advice. The writing is top-notch, light years above the clumsy prose you find in most magic books. There are 80 original creations like the L-Cut, Fan Twirl, Right-hand Indices Fan, Deck Twirls, fancy overhand shuffles, fancy deals, fabulous table cuts, tons of armspreads and on and on and on. The Double Armspread and Overhead Spring alone are easily worth the price of the bookGo to flourishman.com and Handlordz.com to see tons of video of the Flourishman. check out the review on this very Magic Café. This is a quality product, produced by someone who really understands all aspects of the art.
Toasty
View Profile
New user
Wales
36 Posts

Profile of Toasty
Can you order it from any book store, or does it have to be flourishman.com?
life is magical-in one way or another...
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
You have to get it from flourishman.com I couldn't wait for mine so I actually did a priority mail when I ordered my book.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Jerry actually made this book himself. He learnt how to print books!
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-01-08 14:13, Toasty wrote:
Can you order it from any book store, or does it have to be flourishman.com?

I ordered mine from the man himself. Jerry. He amswered any questions I had once I received the book. Awesome guy! You were able to order it from Superhandz as well but I guess its sold out. Zur's info is where to get it only.
I have tons of magic books. The EOPCF by far exeeds any book (Like Jamil said)as far as priceless tips, pictures, info ect. You can pretty much learn just looking at the pictures. Two words "Buy It"!!
ragtop
View Profile
New user
california
58 Posts

Profile of ragtop
I heard from Jerry and my book should be here on monday! He sent me a nice response to my e-mail telling me that he would help with any questions on the moves. I ordered it on wednesday and he it shipped the next day. Thanks for the replies!
magicpro212
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of magicpro212
That kool,jerry is really good.
I've read sum of it and its cleaned up my handleing on a lot of things,such as my
pressure fans and thumb fans.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
My book is great like all others but it is not perfect, I heard a few of the books have pages misplaced at some places, in my book, its not very misplaced but one page is turned the wrong way, in other words, if you take page 4 out of a book, rip it out. turn it over and glue it back. So after page 3 comes 5 and then 4 and then 6, that's how mine is.

I also heard that one guy got the whole chapter on armspreads up side down and another guy had 6 pages in his book missing.

But I think it doesn't matter, its a great reference.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-01-09 04:45, Harwin wrote:
My book is great like all others but it is not perfect, I heard a few of the books have pages misplaced at some places, in my book, its not very misplaced but one page is turned the wrong way, in other words, if you take page 4 out of a book, rip it out. turn it over and glue it back. So after page 3 comes 5 and then 4 and then 6, that's how mine is.

I also heard that one guy got the whole chapter on armspreads up side down and another guy had 6 pages in his book missing.

But I think it doesn't matter, its a great reference.

I guess it's like getting a defected DVD. It happens.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Hehe yeah, but jerry is a cool guy, I heard he sent the dude a corrected version of the book totally free, no shipping cost or anything, that's really good for that much work.
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
The book is in its third printing. I talked to Jerry, and he says about six books total have been defective, and of course he replaces them frr of charge. I'm sure he would even replace Harwins book free of charge as well if Harwin were to ask him. Anyway, to focus on minor production errors in a few books out of thousands is certainly misguided. I can only imagine the flustered Harwin standing on his head to try to learn the motions on the upside page.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha jamil, nah, mine had a page that was turned the wrong way, it was another guy with upside down pages so me standing on my head wouldnt help much. Smile
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Upside down, outside in, Jerrys material is too easy to learn from. lol Jerry isa cool guy. He's fast with replies and has great costumer support. Smile
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
There is an opportunity here for a post concerning Harwin going the wrong way but I won't touch it. The point is, it is sleazy to say the book isn't perfect and then talk about rare production errors. The content, presentation and scope of the book are what matters.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
My only problem with the book is, it doesn't have Jerry's Autograph in it. I forgot to ask him to sign it! My book was in perfect form front to back. Jerry was even nice enough to add two bookmarks with it that have the "Flourishman" logo on them. What a guy!
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Haha, mine had 2 bookmarks too, didn´t everyones have?
Stimuli
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Stimuli
Mine only had 1 Bookmark! ***s!!! lol >^.^<
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Encylopedia of playing card flourishes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL