The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Whos dove harrnes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I was wondering whose harrneses would you use? I have some of Tony Clarks but I was seeing which ones would you use?
Thanks Kyle Marlett
ckaleto
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
14 Posts

Profile of ckaleto
Hello.

I use TONY CLARK 's invisible harness and automatic harness.

My automatic harness is not closed by velcro but just by a fish line: so, when you produce the dove, your arm go ahead and the fish line liberate the dove.

It is not very easy to describe it in English ...

I hope you 've understood.
A dove is not a gimmick ...
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Thanks ckaleto
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5004 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Kyle, just about every performer has a preference or use their own version. Are you looking for a harness like the invisible harness or are you calling a regular dove holder a harness? I like Tony's invisible harness but not the bag/holders. I have a mix of General Grant one hand release holders and a few Peter White versions. I made a few of my own that incorporate some of the features of both of these.

Many times it depends on the effect you are doing. I do a routine where the dove isn't in a real holder at all, but a folded silk held closed with a clip. Like most things in magic, it really all boils down to personal taste.
Where the magic begins
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Kyle,

I sew my own. They are easy to make and can be done by hand or machine if you know how. You can buy the taffeta from any department store along with some velcro. With a simple needle and thread and some fishing line or wire (your choice for the loop), you can whip them up in no time. This allows you to make them in any colour. Also, if your sewing is not the best, it doesn't really matter, since no one ever sees these anyway.

Also, you can purchase suit jacket lining material to make the pockets. They don't have to be anything elaborate, just something to do the job. You can custom fit them to all of your jackets or costumes with little effort. I often just safety pin them in so that I can take my suit jacket to the cleaners with the pockets removed. Even when I have costumes made (my wife is an expert seamstress) I have the pockets made so that they can be removed.

Good luck with yours.

Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Whos dove harrnes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL