The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Windows AntiSpyware & Anti Vir (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5097 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I know that several people has serious problems with infected computers: spyware, trojans and virus files.

I can now recommend 2 free softwares that works excellent:

Windows AntiSpyware:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security......ult.mspx

Free Anti Vir Software: with free update service:
http://www.free-av.com/

My computer runs very well after scanning & cleaning with these softwares!

Good Luck and Have a Clean Computer!!!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

Thanks so much for passing on this valuable piece of information!! I appreciated it.

Chrystal
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Yeah..Thanks a lot ..just loaded it and found 12 trojans and a worm ..excellent.

Oh and Hi! Chrystal.

Howard
Ziggy
View Profile
New user
SW Washington State
51 Posts

Profile of Ziggy
Spybot is one of the best spyware removal programs, also the price is right, FREE
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.."
Oscar Wilde
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
HK,

Did the worm happen to come with a bottle of tequilla? Couldn't resist lame humor!

Thanks Ziggy for that info.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I use Anti Vir for years! Works perfect! Highly recommended!!!!!!

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
I just dumped Norton for Anti Vir...so I hope it works!!!!

If It does, I'll be ecstatic because I was getting tired of norton anyway (eats up too many resources). Plus, the price on this sucker sure is right!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Kjellstrom, the anti Vir software sound good, but I'm somewhat wary of anything from Microsoft.

To use a Scandanavian example, try finding the "quickest" route from Haugesund, Norway to Trondheim, Norway using Microsoft MapPoint. According to Microsoft, the quickest way is a 48-hour, 1700 mile route that, for some reason, runs through Brussels and London before taking you across the Northern Atlantic Ocean back to Norway. The "shortest" route is amusing, as well.

I could go on and on about this, but I won't.

BTW, for spam problems, may I suggest SpamX from Hendrickson Software? While reading your e-mail, you drag and drop any and all spam in your mailbox into a special folder on your harddrive. After you're done going through your e-mail, you run SpamX, it extracts all the information from the headers of the spam, and contacts the webmasters of each site, notifying them that their domain is being used to host spam, along with all the relevant information.

Instead of blocking spam, it goes right to the heart of the problem. Instead of combating symptoms, it fights the disease.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Windows AntiSpyware & Anti Vir (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL