The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » MOABT: Was it worth it? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
Worth every penny.
I've been using it in a routine combined with UF and Final Exam. It's a mentalism tour de force!
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
seanadl
View Profile
New user
London UK
100 Posts

Profile of seanadl
Sounds like the guy in the demo shop had no business demonstrating this book test, he should stick to penny through rubber.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
I don't have it. A friend of mine in this area does, and he taught it to me. I don't want to compete with him now on it as it's his pet trick.

That said, I think it's better than any other test if you are worried about conditions and tough audiences. I've seen it fool the most cynical of people. That's partly my friend (David Hemmelrick's) showmanship, but it is the most bullet proof I've seen. I've seen David do it close up and on a platform. On the other hand, the cheaper book tests may be what you need for another situation. I just think MOABT is safer.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
IT IS TRULY GREAT!
Stephan, that your good buddy cares not for ethics.

MOABT is safer than what?

Jack
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
I didn't like it , neither did my girlfriend.
Boring, a bit repetitious and too many long words.

How can you call it great?

bb
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
MOABT is available from me in the Uk. pm me.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
MOABT...I used it so much I got three copies, one as a reserve and two to give them a choice.

If you don't perform, it's too expensive...if you do, it's great.
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Is it available with different covers ?
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
There were two different versions, one hardback and one paper...different basic text but they were interchangeable, allowing a totally free choice. It didn't matter which one they chose. I can't be more specific w/o tipping it, but I'm sure you get what I mean.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
No the MOABt has never been supplied with different covers. Unfortuneatly due to the advert it says three colour cover. it actually means a cover in three colours! and NOT three colour covers!!. It is hardback and comes with a comprehensive instructive booklet.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Would it be too much to ask what verbage is used in MOABT? It's these fine points which should separate it from the others. I'm not looking for method. I just want to know in detail how clean this book test is.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
It's clean, you got to do one pump and that's an easy one...many ways to do it have been proposed and most come off squeeky clean. I never had a blink and used it as an early effect for the warm-up section for countless hypnotism shows.

I have two paperbacks and a hardcover...the paperbacks are identical and the hardcover has a different cover and title...the paperback is presented as a murder mystery and the hardcover more of a love story...the paperback I have is a dark green cover and the hardcover has a white dust jacket.

Still, this was many years ago...there may be just the one version out now...you would have to contact Marc Sky to find out.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
It's the same.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 14:36, Ian Broadmore wrote:
No the MOABt has never been supplied with different covers. Unfortunately due to the advert it says three colour cover. it actually means a cover in three colours! and NOT three colour covers!!.

It is encouraging that Ian had the decency to point this out. I saw this description of the effect in an ad for the hardback version some time ago. Now, I already have the soft cover version, but I thought that here was an advantage of the hardback. But having been burnt SO OFTEN with magic purchases (as have we all), I now look at magic ads with a special kind of analytical process: how can what the advertiser says be totally true, and yet be construed in a way to burn the livin' bejesus out of me and cause me to buy something worthless to me. I applied this approach to this ad, and concluded that it was not three separate covers, but one cover with three colors. Phew - dodged a bullet on that one.

It's a shame we have to be so on guard with magic purchases, even where we should feel safe. It seems like a game: can the sellers word an ad such that they know will induce an incorrect reliance, but then be perfectly protected when their words can be interpreted differently. There ought to be a word for that.

Gianni
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
The hardback version is of course the way to go. You get a book that is superior in quality and can take a beating if you perform regularly.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
And of course you can change the cover on the hardback if you wish or you could purchase tweo or three and put different covers on them !!. (Just remember to buy from me! Smile
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Hi,
What subtle methods do people prefer to ascertain a 'letter' ?
Regards.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
Broadmore,

Ted´s MOAB is only in English? Are version in other idiom ?
I am Brazilian and my people language is Portuguese...

KARDINI
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I've just bought the MOABT's and I'm really thrilled with it.
It's all I could wish for, and more.
Great item, and looking forward to working out a really nice, personal routine !
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Hi,

For mentalists who mostly preform in front of german speaking audience, like me, there is a pendent of MOABT.
The effect ist really strong. In brief:
You can stand feets away, spectator can read a little in the book and then select ANY word he likes.

Immediately you are able to tell him what he is thinking about and even tell him the exact word.

It is said at the website that this german book test is limited until 2009 up to 200 pieces.
When I ordered mine shortly ago it was registered as #133.

Price is €133,- (about 119,-).

Check it out at: http://www.miracle-makers.de

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » MOABT: Was it worth it? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL