The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My Jail Break (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Nice site. Making tubular picksets out of garbage is a bit more labor intensive than I care to go. Its interesting to see how far some of these folks go with it though. Its almost like a game for some of them to see how far they can go with trash. No really, real trash from the garbage can.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I know lots of good stuff and maybe someday I will share it with an "up and coming".

Until then, I choose to keep it to myself. Remember, there will always be lesser and greater people than yourself, and one of those greater people will always know a little more than you or me or the next E.A.

~Rick~
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Perhaps you could replicate it, for the folks that want to see? I mean its not like anyones going to publish it or somthing, we just want to see it happen.

You could shoot a vid. Sell it even.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Naaaaa, that was almost 25 years ago. I did the jail break then to get some press to help launch my escape act on the road. I have absolutely no interest in doing that. And to be honest with you, I probably couldn't do it now, I am so out of practice, I'm amazed I even open my own front door with the key !!!

~Rick~
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Rick, I have read and re read your message and I think I can see how it works. I am not too sure what type of locks they have or you encountered on that cell escape but if they are the same type or simple to the ones that were used here in Australia, I think I know what you have done. I will PM you my idea and we can swap notes if that is okay with you.

Ian McColl
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Ian...absolutely, I'd love to talk to a real pro at the biz like you...it would be my pleasure. Aside from that, so many people have asked to know more about my method for the cocoon escape, I wrote it out on a notepad and will send it to anyone who posts here on a regular basis...

~Rick~
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Hey do I qualify to posting on a regular basis.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I have not recieved mine yet Rick.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Wolfie...I promise I'll send it today...

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
No PRoblem. I am a patient man. I don't mind waiting.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie must be a Dr if he has patients.
bnadworn
View Profile
Regular user
Western New York
131 Posts

Profile of bnadworn
I may not be a physicist but I know what matters.

Rick,
I have enjoyed reading your posts about your stories. They are great (and well written).

A while ago (alright 25 years or so) while I was in college, I was walking through the college union and noticed 2 guys playing with handcuffs. I walked up to them and asked them about it and if I could see them. They quickly cuffed me and laughed hysterically. I did a 360 turn and handed the cuffs back to them saying that they looked very interesting and thanks for sharing. Their jaws hit the floor. I then pointed to a poster on the wall for a Magician that was performing there that weekend and said: yup, that was me! Good publicity. I didn't do any escapes during that show though.

- Brian Nadworny
"They say the hand is quicker than the eye but I won't believe it until I see it."
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hi Brian, nice to meet you and thanks for your kind words. Isn't it beautiful when you can turn the table on a wise guy when he thinks he has you ?? That was a great bit you shared with me and the others, thanks...you da man !!

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Nice one Brian. I would have liked to have seen their faces.
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Brian sounds like that was a Kodak Moment
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I did that bit in a surplus store once as a teen. The clerk was floored.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
LOL I wonder if the Police will mind if someone did it to them Smile
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

If they are in the process of arresting you...yes (can you say nightstick to the head?)

Steve
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Yes I can but then that would be Police Brutality. which is a Shame some Cops resort to.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Isn't it though?
How's your skull fracture doing? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My Jail Break (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL