The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Champion Manacle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi all, I've just recieved a set of Ian's new champion handcuff. For those that don't know it, it's made up of 2 'U' shape pieces of steel that have holes in the bottom which are placed on the wrists and has a steel bar pushed through the holes and secured with a padlock at each end. For those of you familiar with Ian's work you know already that it is a quality piece of craftmanship, however it is far more basic in design than most of his other pieces and it is this very point that makes this such a wonderful piece. It's simplicity is such that audience members have absolutly no trouble with understanding it. Even with modern police cuffs the audience doesn't really know how they work. They also pose a real challenge to anyone wanting to escape from them because the 'U' shapes are designed to give a surprising amount of comfort, yet make slipping impossible (well it is for me anyway). There is no gimmick to find. The only way out is to remove those padlocks. Now, I've managed to escape using my own locks, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to use someone elses just yet.
The Cannons have a set of these up for grabs in their latest competition at http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com There's also a picture of it here too.
Top marks Ian on yet another beautiful product.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros thanks for the Tip.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Ros, thank you. Nice to know it got there. (Glad it fit your wrists, must be the same size as mine)

Ian
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
***. I have forgotten about that design I am supposed to send you Ian. Making a note on my phone to remind me tonight to take a photo of it.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie go to the Cannons Site. and on their index page go to the Holiday Contesty and click on it.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Too late. The contest cutoff date was Midnight, Jan. 7, 2005.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Magicianman
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Magicianman
You know, I've seen those on Richard Sherry's site for a year now. Have a look at http://www.richardsherrysmagic.com under the escapes section. He also plates his if you want.

Not only that but Richard has some other VERY amazing stuff on his site.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Richards are similar but richards only uses one padlock. http://www.richardsherrysmagic.com/produ......pes.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Champion Manacle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL