The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » CARNIVALE: Disappointed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
What the heck? Didn't like it, will watch a couple more but if it continues to be so deep and cryptic, I end up falling asleep. I do like mysteries, but the characters were not showcased like in the first season. I hope the next will be different.

Also--who thinks that Scudder is the devil and the manager is God? and the minister and ben are its physical counterparts?

Let me hear what you think!

REY2, what did you think?

Ellen
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Was boring last year and WAY too obscure...good thing is is gives folks work.
I'll, like you, give it a few eps and if it doesn't open up a bit and become accessable...bye bye.

A friend of mine is in the show so I hope it contiues...but because it's GOOd to watch.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Thanks Ellen for reminding me that I missed it! I can catch an encore tomorrow.

Regarding the "What the heck" I have to laugh also. I watched all of the first season and said the same many times. It reminds me of a David Lynch series. Remember "Twin Peaks"? It kept us as suckers in the same way but had the same art appeal where it was hard to turn off.
These shows are facinating to watch but I think it's the Journey That is The Reward because they go nowhere. "Six Feet Under" is still my favorite.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Yeah..there is nothing worse then having to make an effort.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Don't get me wrong--I love to think and have a good mystery especially in the realm of freakdom etc...but it is too obscure sometimes..
xmosis--do you know a main character?

Do they film out in CA?

Chat later!
Ellen
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I think it was good. Don't forget it is setting things up for the up and coming shows. Setting the characters up. I fine you guys are just reading into things so soon. Let it just get started. It was more of a character builder for manament and the priest. Some things where slightly explained and there where still many un answered questions like always.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Ellin...no...an occasional but recurring character. Billed in 'real' life as "The Miricle Man", David does the Fire Eating and Sword Swallowing and other stuff on the show. Great guy. Yep..fillmed in California. (for the most part anyway)

Doug
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I generally love shows involving the Carnival. But this one was just a bit too deep.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Michael...how long is the 'set up'??? I would consider the entire first season as a 'set up' with most of the characters not fleshed out properly to my taste or storylines reaching even a marginal conclusion (except when one croaks and even that was obscured). To reach a wider audience it needs to be much more accessable. Let's hope the 'set-up' has finally 'set-up'.

Doug
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I understand that different people have different tastes but I've never heard anyone say they didn't like a show because it was 'too deep'.

Since when has depth been a bad thing??!?!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I plan on renting the first season from Blockbuster....would I be wasting my time like I felt I did when I rented the first season of Millenium?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Second episode...
I just want him to run up to the management and grab her (even tho it's supposed to be a him) and drag him out of that cabinet!
S/he's supposed to be dying?? Ummm weird.
3 strikes and it's out!

Ellen
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 21:25, Ellen Kotzin wrote:
Second episode...
I just want him to run up to the management and grab her (even tho it's supposed to be a him) and drag him out of that cabinet!
S/he's supposed to be dying?? Ummm weird.
3 strikes and it's out!

Ellen

Oh, but it's just getting interesting. The forces of light and dark are just now begining to assemble and the usher has just appeared.
I for one will be watching ever episode this year.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » CARNIVALE: Disappointed! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL