The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Tired of lame pop up add websites trying to be pros (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Is it me or are you all tired of cheap add related pop up websites. I mean these guys say they make a living at doing magic but they have a website that has a pop up everytime you click on something different in there site. They have pop ups when you enter, or navigate, and advertisments all over them. I mean, come on. My website cost me 7.50 a month to have it hosted and I don't have any lame pop ups or advertisments trying to sell you crap you will never buy. I wont mention names but I saw a website the other day where in the booking info it showed prices for shows. The cheapest show the guy did was a walkaround gig for 200.00 an hour. His stage show was starting out at 1500.00 bucks. Your telling me this guy makes this much on his shows and cant fork out a measly 8.00 bucks a month for a real website. I get tired of pop ups every 2 seconds and an add trying to sell me some insurance or some crap like that. How do you all feel about this. I know add supported websites most of the time are free but come on, its 2005. Websites don't cost that much anymore these days. I think if you cant afford 50-80 bucks A YEAR for a clean, real, normal website, then you shouldnt have one at all. Just want to know your thoughts on these sites. Some that I have seen were very nice sites, it just got old with a pop up or advertisment every 2 seconds. After a minute I just didn't want to look at them anymore. I think these kind of sites really hurts the magicians look, and there clients. How is Sprint going to want to pay you a large amount of money for a show when you can even afford a real website. Just my 2 cents.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
That is true argument from your side. However, do know that some pop-ups are FROM your own computer.

We call it Spyware. It's a software that is installed in your computer without you knowing and it will pop-up advertisement based on the websites you visit.

I hope you don't have this problem. I know my friend did and he complained about websites having pop-ups when the pop-ups are from his own computer.

I hope your computer has no Spyware...

I do agree that if you are a well-paid magicians you should have a minimum of decent looking, pop-upless website. However, do note that of them are really 'nerds' (apologises for that term) in computers and don't know what is pop-up!

I think it's time to have a web-hosting company specifically for magician...
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1131 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
Here is a way you can shut down MOST spyware pop-up ads (They depend on this program) on your computer:

Click Start
Click Run
Type in Services.msc
Click OK
Look for "Messenger"
Double click and choose disable
Click OK
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Cool thanks for the tip David!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
No, I have spyware, I don't get any pop ups except from add supported sites that you can tell the pop ups are coming from them. Even them I just hear a sound letting me know the pop up got blocked. Just wanted to see what you all thought about these sites
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I won't surf them, so that should give you a pretty good idea of what I think of them. As soon as the first ad comes up, Im out of there.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Tired of lame pop up add websites trying to be pros (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL