The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hannnibal Lector ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I just got a very groovy idea for a very dramatic entrance for an E.A. to start his/her show. Forgive me if this has been done...but here goes. I call this the "Hannibal Lector", you have one of those "Lector" face protectors on, or better yet, a steel head cage, locked with maybe 20 feet of tow chain attached to it, Your wrists are cuffed and your arms are folded up to your chest then the chain is wraped around and locked.

Then you have one of the Cannon "prisoner transport jackets" on, bound in thick rope or chain, leg irons and you are on a long dolly....chained and padlocked. Have a couple of your BIG friends dressed as cops wheel you in (security guard shirts and pants with black ball caps look cool). You are slowly turned in a full 360 so the audience can see the tie job....and the dolly is lowered to the floor.

Have the music playing and then an announcer starts to speak and discribes how the amazing "so and so" was tied, chained, cuffed, and strapped in the Hannibal Lector tradition and will now attempt an escape from everything. (I know a professional voice who can do the whole 9 yards, voice, mucic, etc. and burn it to a CD)

What do you guys think ? Crappy ? Great ? workable ? Let me know what you think, please.

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Would be cool if you could mix some of Hanibal's famous sayings mixed with the music. ie. " Hello Clarice" , "I ate his liver with some Fava beans and a bottle of Ciante (Spelling?)", "I'm having a friend over for dinner" etc.

I think that would make it real good. Esp. if EA is an Anthony Hopkins Look alike.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Wolfie...that is...GENIUS !!! That could be done as well by my friend with the voice and studio. I heard the Donster is a Brad Pitt look-alike, is this true?? J/K Don....

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Don? No He is an Alfred E Neuman Lookalike. LOL
Wolflock
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Don is a Look Alike For Someone Better.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
This has been done and sold as the Hannibal Lector escape, the primary difference being that all the reatraints were fixed to a very large sack truck which was wheeled on / off for cabaret performance,,,,last time it was done in the UK was at the Glastonbury Festival a couple of years ago.
The inventor / manufacture of this slips my mind but he used to post on the Jones ea forum, which is now defunct.
He had a Hannibal mask made up which added to the effect.
Ken.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Sounds very interesting to see. is anyone performing it still or the inventor/manufacturer still around
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes Don he is still around but for the life of me I can`t remember his name, Devlin seems to ring a bell, maybe someone will remember who I meen,,,think he lives in the Spalding,Lincs, area.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
I remember him . . had him over for dinner..
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
What did he taste like !
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
Can't remember, Ken. Left most of him on the side of my plate!

"I ate his liver with some Fava beans and a bottle of Ciante"..

Ugh . .hate Fava beans..

Sorry, Rick. Gone way off topic. I think it's a great idea!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Did anyone Remember the Ketchup or Steak Sauce ?
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Mr. Silmser, that's a very inimitable and enthralling idea! When I get pretty good in this field, may I use this idea?

Speaking of food...:

"Standing over Krendler with an instrument resembling a tonsil spoon, Dr. Lecter removed a slice of Krendler's prefontal lobe, then another, until he had four. Krendler's eyes looked up as though he were following what was going on. Dr. lecter placed the slices in the bowl of ice water, the water acidulated with the juice of a lemon, in order to firm them.

In classic cuisine, brains are soaked and then pressed and chilled overnight to firm them. In dealing with the item absolutely fresh, the challenge is to prevent the material from simply disintegrating into a handful of lumpy gelatin.
With splendid dexterity, the doctor brought the firmed slices to a plate, dredged them lightly in seasoned flour, and then in fresh brioche crumbs.
He grated a fresh black truffle into his sauce and finished it with a aqueeze of lemon juice.
Quickly he sautéed the slices until they were just brown on each side.

Dr. Lecter placed the browned brains on broad croutons on the warmed plates, and dressed them with the sauce and truffle slices. A garnish of parsley and whole caper berries with their stems and a single nasturtium blossom on watercress to achieve a little height, completed his presentation."
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sounds like McDonalds to me.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Mmmmm mmm! Stop making me hungry!!!
Wolflock
South Africa
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
That's what I had for dinner tonight.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I try to stay away from mickey d's for certain reasons
Markdini
View Profile
New user
Peterborough UK
52 Posts

Profile of Markdini
It was Devlin who did the houdini trick at glastonbury. When I first toyed with the idea of trying escapes he helped me out. I remember when he told me he was going to do it, sounded cool from the word go. I haven't heard from him in a couple of years now, last time we spoke he was selling all his stuff as he was planning on going diamond diving somewhere in south america for 4 years. That was 2 years ago I think, top bloke.

Mark

Hannible Lector trick I meant!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes, you are right, and yes he did go,,,,he was an excellant swimmer. I purchased most of his gear from him at the time.
I think he had more girl friends than gigs at the time !!!
Markdini
View Profile
New user
Peterborough UK
52 Posts

Profile of Markdini
I was going to buy his straitjacket to add to my collection and his mailbag but didn't have enough funds at the time. The first time I tried the straitjacket inside a mailbag escape was with his stuff. But if memory serves correct he had loads of gear!
I met his girlfriend a couple of times she was really nice as well.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Hannnibal Lector ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL