The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Our newest member is INSANE. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
I saw this and my first thought was that it was intentional, just for kicks and out of boredom. Very few of us on the net use our real names. Ive chosen probably a score of names over the years for different places and reasons. My current name was chosen because it was the first thing that popped into my mind, Hoggle was a character from Labyrinth (a movie I saw far too many times).

Why did you choose your name? (Maybe INSANE will answer this one with something more clever than I gave him/her credit for).
Merry Christmas
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
My handle was a carefully made decesion based on variety of socioeconomc, aesthetic and political reasons that I won't go into here...

no wait...its just my name!

:)
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I chose my name because...well...it's my name. Smile

Shane Wiker
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Well because timothy was taken and I presumed Tim would have also been.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
My nick has to do with my occupation, I don't shave gorillas as is most commonly suggested instead I'm a Real Estate Aperazor (appraiser).
The nick was just something I started using about 12 years ago on computer forums and just stuck with it on anything I join for the sake of not having to remember anymore names than I have too.
After I started at the Café I wish I would have come up with something a little more magical, but I didn't know how long I would be sticking around.
I still try to sign all my posts with my real name since I know this is an issue for some people on the board and I don't like to use my picture since I haven't got one that I would want to see everytime I seen one of my posts.
I guess it is sort of like when you hear your voice on the voice mail and cringe,that's what happens to me when I see my picture. I have the mental image of a young handsome guy and my picture seems to shatter that mental image always looks like some old bald guy...whewww!
All the best
Nick Zender
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
My real name is Håkan. English-speaking people would hurt their tongue trying to pronounce it. "Hawkan" gets very close to how it sounds in swedish.

Håkan
:wavey:
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My mother named me Clifford because she wanted me to have a name I wouldn't shorten. (I am not joking). I call myslef Cliff because I like the sound of it more than Clifford. I have tried using secret identies in certain aspects of my life, and let me tell you it is not easy to maintain that without slipping or someone unknowingly outing your secret.

I have never much considered using anything other than my own name.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I chose my name because...well...it's my stage name.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
...accountability.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I went with JonTown at first, though got tired of folks referring to me by the contraction as if it were my name, and so put my full name there, even though it is a pain to retype when I lose my cookies.

As to insane... yes, certifiably and pleased to tell you.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
I chose ollie1235 because that's the fist part of my email(which has changed since)
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I called myself Partizan as I really hate fruit with a red hue. (abs)
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
I chose mine cos its my name....not likely to forget it....on second thoughts though as I near 60 years, maybe that won't apply for much longer!Still...I've got my name tags inside my jacket just in case..

Howard
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
What Steve said...

Yours,

Paul
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Jaz is short for Jazbar Narodeth, a neutral monk of high level from my days of playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Mine is an acronym for my company: Craig Anderson Magic Effects Laboratory of Theatre (CAMELOT). When I started the company in central Greece, it was "of Thessaly" but now that I'm back in the USA, well...
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I chose foreverriel because most people wouldn't believe me if I said I was the Pope.

I'm not
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
.... because I'm a 'dizzy' blonde. It sounds better than 'stupid girl'

Dizzy
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Standing on the beach in Kihei Maui holding my girls hand listing to the waves crash and watching the sunset and then the stars come out reaching from horizion to horizion makes me feel like a kid again.

kihei kid
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2005-01-14 11:19, Michael Baker wrote:
...accountability.

I agree....

I never trust a rabbit in hat sillohuette with a handle.

Posted: Jan 15, 2005 6:07pm
------------------------------------
Of course a rabbit with handle would be easier to pick up....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Our newest member is INSANE. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL