The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Cheetah's Handbook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 18:35, jgodwin wrote:
Especially if it's limited - because despite being copied, Marlo Magazines are still a nightmare to find.

I think you nailed it on the head... Even though Marlo's Magazines were copied, the fact is that the originals are still a desired item because it is something tangible(magazine, book, etc.) The originals are different from the copies(no cover, etc) where as ebooks, copies are the same making it worth less.
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 18:35, jgodwin wrote:
RE Credit for the protection system... 'Whatever'.

LOL I think that's a typical magicians view, although usually with different credits, I admit! Although I agree with the other comments!

Quote:
On 2005-01-19 14:02, jbadman wrote:
Hmmm... well it was derived from a brainstorm we had, as I recall ;-)

Let's settle for:

Initial concept by Gladwin
Concept development by Gladwin and Badman
Design and Development by Badman

Hmmm... sounds heavily based to me!

But anyhow, there is some kick ass stuff in Cheetah's Handbook... I particularly enjoyed Safety Zone, Hollywood or Bust, the barcode thing and Tyler Wilson's stuff was sweeter than a gingerbread mans chocolate coated bits!

Buy it, and be happy.

Liam.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi Jamie,

About the Luke Dancy freebie at your website, to be honest, it's AWESOME! I like it! Smile - On top of that, it's a nice appearance of the 4 Aces and it's easy to perform!

Thank you very much, Jamie!

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
frazz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of frazz
Andrew, the Dancy trick is a good representation of the standard of material in this publication.

I am still reading through the Cheetah's Handbook and enjoying trying out the different ideas.
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
I bought the ebook. The effects are great, but personally I found the technical instruction lacking. This may be just me, but I really dislike it when in the method it says "execute a nnn" ... where nnn is a [maybe] common sleight ... especially when I know the sleight and it obviously needs modification for this particular effect ... Why not just explain all the moves in detail ... including the sleights? Its an ebook, so I wouldnt think it would matter if you had to double the number of pages to make the instructions clearer.

Also I didn't feel there were enough "position checks" in the card effects ... just a pause to let you know how many cards should be in the packet and in what order ... things like that.

So ... my opinion ... there are some really good effects in this ebook and learning will probably be a breeze for advanced (maybe even intermediate) magicians. I think it may be a bit frustrating for a newcomer like myself, though.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Muddy,

You're right that some (perhaps 50%) of the items in this book are focused more towards intermediate readers. However, if there's anything that's not clear, just email me (andi at andigladwn dot co dot uk) and I'll hapily talk you through it. And if I'm not able to help (although I should be able to, since I learnt all of the routines as I was editing it), I'll seak help from the Cheetah who created the effect, or put you in direct contact with them. You bought this ebook, so we'll all make sure you get your money worth!

Also, for anyone considering purchasing the ebook, there's a very glowing review from Steve at his excellent Magic Rants blog (which is daily reading for me!):

http://magic.atomicbrew.com/index.php?p=293

--Andi
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Now that's customer service!

I hope I didn't come across like I was bashing it, by the way ... the effects really are outstanding.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Jamie,

Is there any other way other than paypal ? My country , the Philippines is not included in the list of countries. I really want to buy this ebook.

Thanks,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Rannie: Mail me at jamie@underground-collective.com and we can discuss.

Regards,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Muddy
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Muddy
Regarding my earlier comment that a newcomer might find the material confusing .. Andi was kind enough to help me out (as he said he would in his post) ... and he replied to my query very quickly.

I also wanted to mention that I had some difficulty with Paypal since I live in South America. Jamie was kind enough to help me out and make sure I was able to purchase the ebook.

This is great material from good people and I think you can feel good about purchasing this, no matter your level.

Many thanks to both of you Andi and Jamie ...
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
No problem. Glad we've helped clarify!

Jamie.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Everyday I like the guys from Underground Collective a little bit more. Good material, good prices, good service....what do we want more?

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
Calexa:

I can't think of anything. These guys are phenomenal. Maybe a bit of an explanation of specific sleights when they list a sleight.. but other than that.. nothing. I'm looking forward to the cheetahs future releases Smile
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Jarrod,

As mentioned earlier, if there is anything that we haven't explained, but you need explaining, please let one of us know via email. We're more than happy to explain sleights used in our effects.

--Andi
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Meester Badman... As publisher of Channel One I must commend you on your latest bit o' work... Eet eez pretty good! I see so much crap that I wanna hurl mah cookies sometimes... But this waz pretty good. Believe me, this is a rave review from me.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Wow! Thanks for all the great comments and support. 'The Cheetahs Handbook' has sold incredibly well - far faster than we anticipated!

Sales will cease on the ebook once we hit 150 copies which isn't far away now...

Cheers,

Jamie.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Update: Less than 20 copies remain of this limited edition ebook. Once these are sold, the ebook will be removed from sale.

Thanks to all purchasers for the outstanding support you've shown for this project!

Regards,

Jamie.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Online Visions just published a review of 'The Cheetahs Handbook' in the latest issue:

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0507cheetah.html

10/10 in every category ;-)

Regards,

Jamie.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Er,

I cant seem to purchase this book anymore

Has it hit 150 already? sigh
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi,

Yes, it hit 150 so it was withdrawn.

We'll be doing a Cheetahs 2 later this year, however... if you liked the first one you'll LOVE the next; we already have several routines lined up for it. Should be ready in the autumn.

Regards,

Jamie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Cheetah's Handbook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL