The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One hand overhand shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1932 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I can barely manage this..... I am interested if anyone here has a trick to make the cards seperate in packets without slop, it's the slop that kills me. I use poker size and I know your gonna say use bridge but I have too many reasons to use poker. I have made it work, but its too unpredictable and sloppy. If you could give me an idea I'd apreciate it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
First use ur middle to seperate. then you need to use the thumb for the other packs, bend the thumb a bit down so the cards above is free of it's grip. doing this while making a rapid motion forward will make the packets to come out nce and smooth. hope I helped.

I had a hard time getting this move as well. but once I got them key points I can do it pretty solid.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I tried to follow this on the Alan Ackerman tapes and have had problems with it too. I've virtually given up though, as it's not as impressive as the one handed riffle shuffle and I can do that!!
Mark
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
There is an excellent description in the Bible, along with a great gag to go with.
ewizardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
117 Posts

Profile of ewizardmagic
Quote:
On 2005-01-20 18:16, Jamil wrote:
There is an excellent description in the Bible, along with a great gag to go with.

Ya, the bible teaches it, but your hands need to be extremely big.
"Never argue with an idiot...those who are watching may not be able to tell the difference..."

"skusslechea"
-psalms 35

Jason

http://www.ewizardmagic.com
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1932 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The "bible"? Are you referring to the EoPCF, Got it, can't do it.. yet. I can do the one handed riffle shuffle, but I want to do all the shuffles I normally do 2 handed, 1 handed. the overhand is all I lack.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Try some "sissor cutts (sp?)" and do them from the bottom dropping at the top. looks KIMDA like an overhand but not quite the same movement.

Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Scissor cuts I guess.

Really nice cut.

The scissor cuts done as a overhand shuffle (Casabon shuffle) is quite easy, jerrys method is hard, havent managed doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1932 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I do the scissor cut, Its not what I want. I want to have it look like a regular shuffle as much as possible, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it.
O.K. well it seems I just have to try harder. If I can come up with an amazing new handling that will make it do-able I'll report back.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
If you got the book, and you have trouble... ask Jerry

ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
Quote:
On 2005-01-22 03:24, Josh Riel wrote:
The "bible"? Are you referring to the EoPCF, Got it, can't do it.. yet. I can do the one handed riffle shuffle, but I want to do all the shuffles I normally do 2 handed, 1 handed. the overhand is all I lack.

Maybe a stupid question, but why do you want to be able to do all your shuffles one handed as well as two.
johnw188
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of johnw188
Why do you want to know a riffle pass and a plain pass? Why know a thumb cut and a charlier cut?
Reverse
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Reverse
Quote:
On 2005-01-20 18:41, ewizardmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-01-20 18:16, Jamil wrote:

Ya, the bible teaches it, but your hands need to be extremely big.

Its not tru that your hands have to be big, it just takes a lot of practicce. Keep trying is what I say!

Reverse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One hand overhand shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL