The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I received this as an email and thought it would be good to post here. It is the story of a soldier in a county where Bibles are not allowed. He used his deck of cards to talk to his Lord. Here is what he said:

"The Ace reminds me that there is only one God.

The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.

The Three represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.

The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The Five is for the five virgins that were ten but only five of them were glorified.

The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.

The Seven is for the day God rested after making His Creation.

The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives -the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the earth.

The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy. He cleansed ten, but
nine never thanked Him.

The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.

The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God's first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of eternal hell.

The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.

The King stands for Jesus, for He is the King of all kings.

When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.

There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week - 52 weeks in a year. The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Each suit has thirteen cards - there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.

So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for."
dave.m
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dave.m
This is graet I don't know where the link is but I found the mp3 of this song I will try to find it again and add the link to this post
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
This was written up in Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks as the Soldier's Prayer Book, and then sung by Wink Matindale. A member here, Jeff, previously (in 2002) indicated the he had a routine for this idea, using the whole deck. I don't know if his offer is still open, but here is a link to it.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......t=105542

But on the same theme, I would challenge each of us (including myself) to follow this lead, and just look around, and associate what you see with God, and His Grace and the wonderful gift of Salvation through the sacrifice made His Son, Jesus Christ.

Look at the sky and the clouds, and marvel at His creativity and artistry; no two clouds or sunsets, or sunrises are the same. Look at a Child and think about His Grace; how innocent, loving and trusting, and full of tomorrow chldren are. Look at your hand, and wonder about all of eh bones and muscles, nerves and tendens, and cells that make it up all working together, and woder too why God allows them to used for His Glory. Think about colors; green and blue, and how God must love them as he has made so many wonderful different shades of them, and think about this; no matter how beautiful and wonderful this earth, may seem at times, there is a far, far better place where we will someday live with Him forever! Let everything you see remind you of Him. And let every thought you think, bring Glory to His name! Worship Him thoughout your day by thinking about all that He has created, all that He has given, but mostly think of all that He is! Lord, God, Saviour, King, Redeemer.

Whether looking at deck of cards, or the leaf on a tree, or the birds of the air... anything you see, think of the ONE who created it all, and has Blessed us to see it and be reminded of Him! Let all of the earth proclaim His Glory. Be reminded of Him, by all you see.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Thanks for the info BroDavid. It is easy to take God's wonders for granted and as you say, "Whether looking at deck of cards, or the leaf on a tree, or the birds of the air... anything you see, think of the ONE who created it all, and has Blessed us to see it and be reminded of Him! Let all of the earth proclaim His Glory. Be reminded of Him, by all you see."
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
That is excellent. Thanks for sharing.
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL