The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hi All,

I'm looking for a clean looking parakeet production without the use of apparutus (Boxes, Tubes...etc). The use of a silk ala dove productions is OK.

I already have a number of ideas that resemble all the dove productions that I used to do. Haven't put any of it into practice yet. Just seeing if anybody can point me to something different before I go through the work of making harnesses, pockets.....etc.

Thanks,
Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Parakeets can be very good little escape artists. I know a lot of people use droppers(something plastic with a pop off lid attached, so you can hit the lid with your thumb and the bird slides out into your hand), as opposed to holders. That way, they can't wrestle thier way out. One thing though - Parakeets do not travel well in cold - They can be quite fragile in that they they like warm climates and are quite suseptable to illness from getting the chills. Especially our Canadian Winters...
I think I saw you at a little convention in Calgary several years ago called 'Laugh-fest'. If I recall, You did a sub trunk with Jim Ptycia(sp? - - three times the charm!) Sorry to bring back repressed memories!
Damien
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hi Damien,

You're right. That was me. hahaha! That was approximately 10 years ago!

It's painful to remember memories like that. You do have to admit, it was really funny! (Now...Lol)

I used to do lots of dove work but these little critters are new to me. They're definitly not like Doves. They have quite the little personalities too!

I'm using them for something else but would like to introduce the parakeet, in a magical way rather than just having the bird handed to me or having it in a cage already on the stage. Makes more sense to me that way.

I don't want to resort to any apparutus, other than something I can get out of my pocket, like a silk, kleenex, balloon, etc. If I can get away from a body load that would e great too because it might not be at the top of the show.

I've even thought of a load off a prop that gets brought on stage, that gets placed into a body load position while onstage?

I can still do the main effect without it. I just want to add that extra little something too it.

Any suggestions woul be great,

Thanks,
Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Michael,

Dave Womach has an excellent tape about birds, with a few different ways to produce a parakeet (from kleenex, from a coloring book, and shows his version of a production holder or "bag"). I just got it and it's a good video. He also does a bunch of dove productions and even some parrot work. http://www.davewomach.com is his site and you can reach him through there. Good luck,

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the tip.

I just talked to Dave Womach. I met him a couple of years ago and we just got in touch with each other again.

I've already mentioned to him that I want his videos. Glad you like them, I'm sure that I will too!

Cheers,
Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I second that... Dave's videos have been a great deal of inspiration to me as well. Iam doing several effects he taught such as the parakeet from a pack of cards and the geni-tube production... Another great performer is Jack Kodell. He did variations of classic dove magic and used parakeets... I am now using one of my parakeets for my final load in a cups and balls routine... You can do so much with these little guys... Good luck to you.
Bryan
Antoine
View Profile
Regular user
Northern France
106 Posts

Profile of Antoine
Do you know Alpha's parakeet holder? I have a book in French on how to palm parakeet... If you 're interested in it PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL