The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Warming Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djmarkoh
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of djmarkoh
Not a magician, but I'm looking for an item you can get at a store.

I wanted to get a friend of mine an item she used to have before it was broken mearly days after she bought it. She cannot seem to locate the store where she thought it was at and so I turn to the internet for help. I want to get this for her upcoming birthday and thought it would be a great surprise.

She described it as a glass tube with a twist/spiral at the top and was filled with a liquid. You would hold onto the bottom piece and it would heat up (I guess?!?) and whatever was in it would start moving around the tube. I'm hoping that's enough information to go on to find any information about this item. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about and might even know somewhere in the Metro Atlanta area that carries this item. Even online is fine. I just want to surprise her. Thanks for your time Smile
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Yeah I remember seeing them in novelty shops and spencers gifs a couple years ago. You hold onto bottom and the reaction made the liquid inside bubble and look like it was boiling. I will check around and see if I can locate one and post back if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You want to go to your phone book and look for a store like "natrual wonders" or any other science or curiosity type store. If you have a local science museum in your neighborhood, their gift shop could possibly help you. If you have none of that, go to a science catalogue. Here are some companies you can search for...

Nasco
Sergent-welsh
boreal science kit

good luck
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Man, I have spent the last hour looking for this thing and can't find it. Anyone else have any better luck, post it.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
My local magic store carries them. I'll bet they are under $10. If you want one, I may be able to get one for you.
djmarkoh
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of djmarkoh
Thanks you guys, I'm gonna get on locating the item this week and maybe I myself will get alittle more into magic. My roommate does some magic and I always enjoyed it and I've always wanted to learn more, this seems like a great and friendly community Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
They usually are called "Love Testers"
You can find them here
http://www.shopintuition.com/products/LoveTester/
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
djmarkoh
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of djmarkoh
That might just be what she is talking about, I might just have to go with what you guys have told me since I don't want to ask again so I don't ruin the surprise, you guys are great!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
This is the same principle that the drinking bird(the bird that dips into a water glass over and over) works on.

They also made these into pen's where you held the pen and the top started boiling.... fun stuff
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Yep, that's the stuff I was looking for. No wonder I couldn't find em. I never would have thought to do a search for Love Tester.. (especially at work)
djmarkoh
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of djmarkoh
Thanks for all the help guys! I found a ton more under "Love Meter" and I'll be picking it up. You guys are great. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Warming Glass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL