The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Zenner-Tech" Is Outstanding! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I just got "Zenner-Tech" last week after reading many, many reviews of it here. While I haven't yet had the diabolical pleasure of frying an unsuspecting spectator with it yet, I can see where this effect is going to be perceived as incredible.

It is very much like the excellent card effect called "Duo-Tech II". In fact, I have had "Duo-Tech II" in my collection of effects for about four years now! "Zenner-Tech", however, is a little better than "Duo-Tech II" becuase more than just a single playing card is predicted -- five ESP symbols are predicted! Also, the spectator can literally draw the fifth and last ESP symbol onto the white sticker in "Zenner-Tech" (if you have the effect, you know what I mean. If you don't have the effect yet, read the ad copy for "Zenner-Tech"). This really provides for some "spectator hands on" moments that "Duo-Tech II" just doesn't have.

While both effects are very similar in how they operate, there are enough differences to warrant having BOTH of them in you aresenal.

I'd give "Zenner-Tech" a solid rating of 5 on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being the worst). And it's easy to do -- it'll be your presentation that sets this effect apart from any other!
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
How much is "Zenner-Tech"? I have Duo-Tech II and I like it very much (and I like the trick behind it), so I´m always interested in improvments.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If you are careful and pick the right people hoodrat, you can et them draw all of them on. this is one of my fav tricks and is so clean. they wont be thinking to themselves after that their square looked different or anything, a square is a square or a circle is a circle. they cant remember exactly how they drew these things. youve got to try it! Trust me
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
NOT good for walkaround, though, as a long reset is required.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Glad you like Zenner Tech. This is one of the effects that makes me smile to myself everytime I do it. If anyone is going to Blackpool for the convention you will be able to see it demmed at my stand.

Peter
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Deal! See you in Blackpool (yes, I already registred Smile
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I personally didn't like this effect as there is way too much going on (if you own it, you will understand)

Having said that, in the right place it can be a winner!

Gary
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
771 Posts

Profile of Loz
Paul Curry's Probability Zero looks like the way to go, perhaps modified to use ESP symbols.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Well, a customer of mine told me that his girlfriend was able to figure it out immediately.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
743 Posts

Profile of Roki
Every trick can be figured out . I have a cleaning lady who can see through anything . I always test new tricks on her . I actually find Magicians easier to misdirect because they want to play , they want things to work . Many of these tricks are based on a simple device : Zennertech duotech Synchronicity III . However its the package and the story that is designed to engage . If an audience is engaged and having fun they don't want to focus on the mechanism. Said I to myself said I ..
wizaird
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of wizaird
I have found that with Zennertech , it is better to write the word of the symbol on the sticker as this can be replicated exactly each time by yourself, LIKE when you had to write lines in detention at school over and over again ." I must not talk in class " 1000 times .

Do this upon your stickers in readiness , this will save time and they will all look very similar apart from the one you get your spectator to write , it will also if you wish give you an order in which to proceed rather than have to remember ,if your drawing skills are crap , as I found it diificult to do the wavy lines , anyone can see at a glance what the symbol should be after reading it .

cheers Dave
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4996 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Can yo do Zenner tech with the new ESP deck: Symbology Deck by Sean Taylor?
I found the instruction for Zenner here, is this the same as Zenner Tech?
http://www.trickshop.com/zenner.html
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2005-01-17 15:51, Chuds wrote:
If you are careful and pick the right people hoodrat, you can et them draw all of them on. this is one of my fav tricks and is so clean. they wont be thinking to themselves after that their square looked different or anything, a square is a square or a circle is a circle. they cant remember exactly how they drew these things. youve got to try it! Trust me

This is a little too risky for me! Great idea, though, and I'm sure it blows spectators away when the effect is performed the way you suggested. I'll leave the drawing of the symbols to me, however.
Jon Beetham
View Profile
New user
Newcastle
71 Posts

Profile of Jon Beetham
An idea in terms of re-set is to use slightly larger stickers, cover these in clear tape and stick them on the necessary cards, use a dry wipe marker instead. As you approach the table you explain you placed these stickers (showing the packet of stickers) onto the back of each design in an ESP deck a head of time, you have now reduced the sticking procedure at the beginning and the reset at the end as all you need to do is wipe off the designs and .. we'll those who own it will know what I mean..
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Great Idea Jon, I will give that a go myself.

Peter
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
For those interested, there is a brand new one of these on ebay right now,
Brent Braun
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
I'll be the first to admit that Zenner Tech is clever however I feel it is a little complictaed to get to the finale..
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
Sorry Guys, that should be 'complicated'.. and having just read Jons post that maybe a possible solution.. I did the effect socially but found it was way too awkward for my walk about act and not large enough for my stage act.. I'll try it with your refinements Jon, good idea..
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I just got the effect and I like it a lot. Great method and it can be thoroughly examined! What more can ya ask for?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
Okay, after reading many posts on this thread and others in this forum, I decided to order Zenner Tech. It arrived yesterday. I was up late last night playing with it, taking advice from what I read in this forum. What can I say, its a thing of terrifying beauty. One of my better purchases and look forward to including this gem in my repertiore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Zenner-Tech" Is Outstanding! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL