The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Combination locks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I need a couple of combination locks for a new routine. I have never tried any of whats avilable so I wonder if anyone with some hands on experience of them can answer a few questions.

I need something that -

1) Looks as substantial as possible
2) Can have the code changed by an audience member, before having the lock checked by another
3) Can be opened blind by the EA

I know there are several locks on the market that meet these requirements, at least three people here make such things.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The Harley Newman bike type lock meets your requirements and is not too tin like, also Riley has a very good standard shape padlock which will do the same (Some of the gimmed combo locks look and feel very tin like).So not for me !!!

PS, Did you get the vid OK.

Ken.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David any of the people who make them. I have one that can be changed but it does not work like it should so I'm just letting it sit in the junk pile.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

Yeah, I thought a good few might look tinny. One of the main reasons I asked. The Harley newman one sounds good. Perfect for what I want one for actually. Where does he sell his stuff?

I got the vid just fine Ken, I pm'd you about it days ago, along with some other stuff Smile

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I havent seen the newman one but I have a luggage one. and there are master combination ones
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Ask Ian McColl. He is like a library of info for thos types of things.
If you PM him it is on trunk8.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Pastor Clyde also has quite a few. and if you know what to DO you don't need one Specially Made.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2005-01-18 09:10, The Donster wrote:
Pastor Clyde also has quite a few. and if you know what to DO you don't need one Specially Made.

Actually I do in this case. I will be using two of them underwater! No room for mr cock up Smile

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Uh underwater be sure its rigged and ready to work. I'm not going to say any more here.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Understood. The safety is 100% in place with the right lock, and even total mechanical failure will not drown me. Embarrass me, damage some expensive equipment, yes. But I would live,

Being able to read off the combination set by the volunteer would be a BIG bonus. However I can only think of one lock that allows this (Clydes).

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I think you can do it with stuarts to. but I'm not sure if it works underwater.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
David

Sent you an e-mail

Regards

Riley
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi David, I don't know where you go first, here or regular emails.

I have summitted my ideas to your regular email.

thanks

Ian
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David keep those ideas coming.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Ian

Got and replied to your email, thanks very much, same goes for yours Riley, and thank you again for your kind offer.

Will do Don Smile

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Your welcome David. lol I'll like to see if stuart will be going after his record.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
Nice to see everyone offering to help. Makes a change from all the squabbling Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Your not wrong Riley!

You wouldn't happen to have a good solid looking metal neckcuff for sale do you? Preferably something hinged, gimmicked or ungimmicked is fine. It needs to lock with a padlock rather than having its on built in mechanism.

I could pick up something from an online bondage supplier and gimmick it myself, there is lots around at decent prices, but I would prefer not to be on their mailing lists if possible :O

Cheers

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
949 Posts

Profile of Riley
Sorry David, I sent the one I had to Shawn Ness For his collection. I'm sure Ian McColl would be able to help with this.

Regards

Riley
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David try the site or is there a place you can pick it up in person. there is also someone getting credit card numbers from the net. and ordering stuff and having it sent to algeria.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Combination locks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL