We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fresh repertoire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McGroo
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of McGroo
As a coin magician I can do just about anything with a coin. I am also very familiar with cards but apart from those 2 I am looking to expand into new things. I already have a set of cups and balls and a paddle trick but am looking for:

a) a rope trick
b) a linking rings trick
c) just about any good close-up trick

I want originality in my shows and was wondering whether people could give me ideas of effects which they love that are one of the above. I have waded through a lot of rubbish and it would be nice if I could cut to the chase. Any suggestions that aren't cards or coins will do.......thanks

Olly
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
For a close up linking ring routine check out the Macabee Rings & Routine.

I really like these rings for a great close up effect.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Mismade Bill, Linking Pins, Chop cup routine, Professor's Nightmare with ropes, sponge bunnies. You could work forever if you do cards, coins, and 2 or 3 of these "other" magic effects
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
You know,

Everyone does "The Professor's Nightmare," and while it is a decent illusion in the right hands, it's a kindergarden trick to most folks. A much more magical routine is Timothy Wenk's Insomnia. This effect runs about $20. Google it and see. But above all, do your magic well.
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I have to agree...Insomnia does rock hard. It's like professor's nightmare on steroids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fresh repertoire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL