The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New twist on blockhead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi I though of a new twist on the blockhead act to insert a small rocket and name it the human rocket launcher what do you guys think.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Ouch!

But then again I'm thinking about literally blockheading the stick on a bottle rocket and setting it off.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Me and Martin were thinking along these lines a while ago. It would be very nice, but the hazards are high. Take care!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Profan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Profan
Two immediate problems come to mind. The first, and most obvious, is the sparks and flame and debris shooting into your face as the rocket takes off.

The second is sorta hard to describe, and it kinda makes me get the shivers for some reason. Let's say you've got the bottle rocket blockheaded and you've lit the fuse. As it blasts out of your nostril, a little piece of the stick catches on your skin. Because of the force, it gets pushed in and stripped away at the same time. Basically, you've given yourself a rocket-propelled splinter.

But here's the part that makes me wince. Because of the direction the rocket was traveling (out) the splinter would effectively be pushed into your nose from inside your head. Meaning you couldn't reach into your nose and pull it straight out. To get it straight out, you would have to get behind the nasal cavity and do it from there somehow. Does this make sense to anyone?

Anyway, if you didn't mind a face full of rocket exhaust (protective mask maybe?) and solved the splinter problem (use a plastic stick?), I'd love to see it.

Andy
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Our solution was a peice of tube in the nose, with the rocket stick placed in that. As for the sparks etc, we do have a way, I think, but I don't really want to share it in case someone tries, fails and sues my a s s off!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
SO what happens to the rocket? When your outside, I imagine it'll go off somewhere and start a grass fire. But what if you're in a club? Where has it got to go then?
Just a thought.

Jennieprice
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Did I mention that we hadn't actually gone through with it Jennie?

Like I said, there are some MAJOR hazards with this one!

My Website
Add me on facebook
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Why would it start a fire? If you make sure it is a sertain type of rocket that dosenot explode likae a screamer with thease types of rockets you get minimum sparks.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2604 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
The only thing I can say about this is I have seen photos where some guys thought it would be fun to fire a bottle rocket from their ass. needless to say, they showed the pic of what looked like 3rd degree burns as the result.

s
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Yep. Third degree facial burns would be a little inconvienent, on the plus side you might also get blinded and not notice how badly scarred you are.

Take care Tait. I have a method for this that I believe will work perfectly, but its simply not worth the risk. Maybe one day, with a proper qualified fire stunt expert in place, but certainly not right now.

My Website
Add me on facebook
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 11:59, the Sponge wrote:
The only thing I can say about this is I have seen photos where some guys thought it would be fun to fire a bottle rocket from their ass. needless to say, they showed the pic of what looked like 3rd degree burns as the result.

s

Ah yes SteveO from the MTV series "Jackass" in the movies "Jackass: The Movie" and "Don't Try This at Home".

it's.... well..... um..... eew.

But one of the things that he did was ballence a bottlerocket on his chin and tried to fire one off, it exploded, but kind of peaked my curiousity on what would happen if it actually shot off instead.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1934 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 10:06, jennieprice wrote:
SO what happens to the rocket? When your outside, I imagine it'll go off somewhere and start a grass fire. But what if you're in a club? Where has it got to go then?
Just a thought.

Jennieprice

You could do the blockhead with the rocket going in instead of the stick....once.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
LOL! Actually, I would like to see a couple of people try that. (G) Taits idea is something that I'd kinda like to see, but I just wondered about the way to do it.

Jennieprice
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
WOW! After a near eternity, jennyprice got her 50...Be vewwy, vewwy careful...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Watch it Buster!!! remember who makes the dinners! (G)

Jennieprice
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I have no idea who this woman is!
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
HHHUUMMPPFF!!! That's it! you're in REAL trouble now buster. You remember who makes your cigarettes??? Do you REALLY want to sleep in the litter tray??? Smile

Jennieprice
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Back in '89 or '90 a comic at the Montreal Comedy Festival inserted a roman candle in his rear and lit it on stage. I just saw pictures but it was the ***dest thing I have ever seen. I heard later he gaff taped the end so it wouldn't empload. Talk about a crazy ass stunt! I haven't thought of that memory in many years.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
A guy called Chris Lynam does/did the firework in his backside.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
This all reminds me of the 2003 Sideshow Gathering when I saw Harley Newman's "fireworks-taped-to-his-chest" entrance.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New twist on blockhead (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL