The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underappreciated (by me) Alexander De Cova (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Fetched these Alexander de Cova "Treasures" videos out of a cardboard box tonight. Stuck one in the VCR. Man, where was I first time around? His effects and methods are good! Good touches! Hats off to this professional. Sure these first videos for American audience were, as Alexander admits, "low budget." But they are good, folks. Good practical fooling material.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Hehehe..came as a surprise to you?

Alexander de Cova does everything outstandingly well and deceptive..

He's one hell of a performer..watch his Benson bowl, watch his retention vanish..well, anything..
He has great ideas too....
That guy is a GENIUS!!
But, looks like he currently left magic and moved to another country(left Germany)..can't recall if it was Spain he lives in currently..

There are a lot of vids out re his work, though most of them specialized re certain routines, like 'Card to wallet' aso.
You can find them f.ex. at:
http://www.magiccenterharri.de/a.php
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2652 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I second that!! they seemed to fly under the radar when they came out. now shhhhhh! say no more.

s
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
229 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
I'm sorry to say that but I really do not like Alexander de Cova!

Sure he's a very good performer and it's fun watching him.
But there's one very big reason why I don't like him anymore :

He's a thief !!

Now I know thief is a heavy word to say, but unfortunately in this case it is true.
Alexander took so many great ideas by some of Germany's (and worldwide) top pros and marketed them as his own creations. - Without asking for authority, of course -

It may happen that you sort of reinvent somthing but I doubt it would happen that often.

Just wanted to mention that he's not that big of a genius.
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Could you please elaborate on the subject. Which effects did he stole, and who are the original creators of said effects?
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I recently posted in another thread that I would love to see all of the DeCova series converted to dvd.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
I heard once, Alexander De Cova had a great version of the classic Triumph. Could you help me with this? Is it true? Did it appear in the videos?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
229 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Ok broothal,
I'll just name a quick example :

Alexander once put an item on the market called jumbo card to silk wich also appeared on one of his german videos.
In the effect a jumbo playing card very quickly and visually changes into a giant silk - without any cover.

This beautiful effect was taught to him by a friend of mine namend Jan Torell.
Jan didn't give Alex any permission to use, publish or market it.
Jan also taught Alexander various techniques for stage and close-up magic wich Alex also taught as his own creations.

Pablo,
I only saw one triumph variation by Alexander de Cova and yes it did appear on his 1996 (?) lecture video.
It's nice to use for laymen but that's it ... half the deck's double fa#+*

I cannot judge Alexander de Cova's peronality as I have only once met him in person, he might be a really nice guy.

Cheers,
Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Underappreciated (by me) Alexander De Cova (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL