The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

For those that are interested, I have just uploaded the new freakshow website for 2005. There are a few minor mistakes which I am fixing right now, but its pretty much 100%. There are also some videos of the Big Record event up for download there, a photo gallery of the day and some other new videos too.

http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk

Hope you like it Smile

Oh, and don't forget to click on the 'vote for us in the top 60 sideshow websites' link at the bottom of the homepage.

Have fun

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Cool site, good luck in the future with it!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Looking good, a big improvement on the old format (not that the old one was rubbish), just downloading the videos now Smile

Done downloading and watching the videos, fantastic stuff! Loved the hanging barb wire escape on the "Britain's Wildest" clip, and the pacing of your SJ escape to match your Houdini lecture on the quiz show was an education to watch, a terrific performance. Plus, of course, great to see the news footage of the Big Record.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Helen

That barbed wire escape would have looked better if Sky One hadn't edited it to sh*t, they took all the tension out of it. You should have seen the live crowd, everyone sat there with their eyes and mouths wide open looking terrified, it was great.

There is loads of stuff to tell about that escape, below is just a couple of bits:

1) My shoulder had been operated on 6 days earlier, and the surgeon told me I wouldn't be able to lift my arm for a few weeks, let alone hang on a trapeze. You can see the plasters covering the three incisions, there is also a ton of make up on my arm and shoulder to cover the bruising, there was a lot of that. I'd had the ball joint reshaped after mulitple dislocations, as well as having 2 inches of collarbone removed and the bone reshaped. A bunch of damaged tissue was pulled out too. The show must go on Smile

2) Did you notice my wrists before I started? I had only planned to do it once, I taped my wrists and neck for the rehersals, then they needed close ups they couldn't do live, so I did a proper run, my wrists were screwed before I started. Half way through the escape one of the bars bit deep, and I couldn't move without catching a nerve cluster, I had to slowly work the barb back out before I carried on. Nasty, still have a very small scar from that. My wrists looked like someone had been at them with a cheese grater the next day. They didn't feel so hot either.

They also decided that the footage of me and Martin stapling Britains Wildest logos to our heads was too wild! So they cut it, gits! I had to pull the staple out with a pair of plyers and it didn't even get shown.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Is all of the stuff do real? Or is some of it fake...like the nail up your nose? Those videos are crazy!
-Tyler
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Tyler

Yes, its all real. Take a look at the sideshow forum if you are interested in learning more about that kind of stuff. (Believe it or not - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......amp;2196 )

Cheers

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
Bretigan
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee
102 Posts

Profile of Bretigan
Hi,

Very cool. Smile Going to look at the videos this weekend, and yep, I voted for you! Don't let us down. Be the best website you can be.

Bret
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
The stuff david does is real. he even set a few worlds records in one day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL