The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Large Rings and rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3258 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Does anyone know of a ring and rope routine where the ring can be five to six inches like a linking ring?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
magicsarge
View Profile
New user
Northamptonshire, Great Britain
79 Posts

Profile of magicsarge
I think Jeff McBride does something like that in his commando routine vol. 1 DVD, I got it the other day but haven't watched it all the way through yet.
I believe he goes from a rope to linking ring routine by doing a couple of tricks using both items together.
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Magicsarge is correct, McBride does this very effectively...with a 12 inch ring.

Most ring and rope moves would work for a ring of 5-6 inches. I use a 3/8 steel ring that is 5 inches and it works perfectly for all the moves designed for smaller rings. However, for some moves that require a larger ring, that's where Jeff McBride's routine will help you since he uses such a large ring. Have fun and enjoy.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Hi,
Eric Decamps has one on the stars of magic sampler. It has some nice moves.
dug
Deckless Wonder
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I use my 10 inch ring from a linking ring set for nearly all of my ring and rope routines. Works nice for walk around as I simply put the ring around my neck to carry it or hold it when not in use. I got the idea from Flip's Truly Magical Rope DVD. But I have found that many of the standard ring and rope moves work with the larger size ring.

Walking Bob
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
Try this link
http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/products/rcp.html
I've used this routine for years and it always gets a good reaction.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Large Rings and rope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL